Kamen Rider Wizard EP 37 "The Fugitive's Despair"

"This is the song, written for those two cops,
The three idiots are hidden in the cars,
She TRIIIED to kill me with a forkliiift!..."


Man, I need to marathon MST3K sometime :sweat:

Incidently, am I the only person who had to do a double take during that scene in the police station where Rinko's boss walks out with his two helpers and they both throw their arms in the air like they're doing Nazi salutes?! Thankfully they're not - they kept their fists clenched. But even so I nearly did a real life spit-take. Don't mess with my coffee, Japanese police officers! :shakefist

Why was that 'attacked by birds' scene animated? I realise that with Wizard's budget any CGI birds would probably make the scene look more like Birdemic, but if they're going to start animating parts of Rider why don't they just jack it in and make a Rider anime instead like they did with Kikaider?
It's a dark day when Kyoryuger has the better episode of the two Super Hero Time shows this week.
I'm a die-hard Rider fan - it's my favourite toku franchise. But Sentai have been making consistently better episodes than Rider has for a good couple of years at least now. Plus Akibaranger's left Garo 3 in the dust as the most interesting adult-orientated toku of the moment. Let's face it, Sentai have won 2013.
 
Hahaha, I actually forgot about the police officers bit when I was writing down my immediate thoughts a few days ago. Rewatching it now, I couldn't help but do a double take at Rinko almost crushing to death two (hapless) officers with the car. That wasn't funny. That wasn't just. That was Rinko at her absolute dumbest. Just, wow, Toei. Just, wow.

The manga panels scene was a very clever and well-executed way of circumnavigating around what was probably going to be a massive headache, actually shooting a bird attack scene. I'm glad they went for the manga, because goodness knows how awful cheap-arse Toei would have made it look like, and it wouldn't have been very funny.

Of course, they weren't obligated to have a bird attack segment. It's not like the arc was short of comic relief already! Lobotomising half of Kosuke's brain in an arc where most of the characters were also taking hits to their IQs, while Haruto was mainly walking around rolling his eyes? Well, I suppose it sums up this arc.

I pray that it doesn't get worse than this, especially this late into the game. I wanted to find more positives, but aside from the bird attack, the brief discussion in the children's park, and the 10-second curbstomp by Wiseman? Nothing. This is unequivocally, the worst arc in Wizard, and some of the worst Rider episodes I have seen in a while.
 
I agree with you wholeheartedly Artisan, though I will say that the action scenes were still good. Though that's par the course for Wizard really.

If I'll give Wizard anything over Fourze, it's that the quality of its actions scenes are consistently good. Though considering the director of Wizard didn't have to film two movies like Sakamoto did, it's understandable.

I'll admit that Go-Busters and Kyoryuger took the lead for Sentai in 2013, at least in enjoyment and quality, and not in the ratings. To me, Wizard got off to a great start, lost some grounds with the introduction arcs of the Dragon Forms, came back strong with the Christmas episode, Beast's introduction, and the lead up to All Dragon and Wizard's final fight with Phoenix, and has now just been on and off in terms, especially with Ishibashi's arcs. Sentai on the other hand, has been much more consistent. Here's hoping Rider can bring things around for 2014!
 
It's hard to argue consistency in a show with now three writers against a show, albeit less than half the length on top of the other on top of that, with only one writer.
 
This was Rinko's episode as much as his and when has his appearance on screen ever taken away from the story?

That's half the point: He's a poorly developed character that the writers seem to be obligated to give screen time, only to end up as poorly developed when he started.
 
I haven't really watched a full Wizard episode in a while. I usually down load them and skim to see if anything has gotten better. I watched nearly all of this episode, and it proves to me that the people making wizard are idiots. They take the key dramatic issue of the series, and turn it into a gag. The thing that they put as the most serious issue, that of people becoming gates, and turn it into a one time gag.

This series was ok at first. It has/had a great concept, but they screwed it all away.
 
I don't understand how people have a problem with this series. This episode was just fine. The ONLY thing bothering me about Wizard as a whole is that everyone but Haruto, Koyomi and at times Kousuke are getting a bit over-the-top in terms of reactions and "humor".
 
Toku Prime said:
I'm a die-hard Rider fan - it's my favourite toku franchise. But Sentai have been making consistently better episodes than Rider has for a good couple of years at least now. Plus Akibaranger's left Garo 3 in the dust as the most interesting adult-orientated toku of the moment. Let's face it, Sentai have won 2013.

Ehh, I beg to differ. Gokaiger was a better show than OOO, absolutely no question there. I loved Fourze, but I won't deny that Go-Busters improved itself pretty well after a shaky start; whereas Fourze had a disappointing final run of episodes. However, I just find Kyoryuger to be so irritating and desperate that I can definitely say that I would still rather watch Wizard over it.

Now, I am not making excuses for this past arc of Wizard since it was completely and totally terrible (not to mention pointless). But Wizard still has some cool ideas (Seriously, a serial killer villain. I haven't seen KR go that dark since the Inoue era) and has far better acting than the completely unoriginal Kyoryuger. I would say that, as of right now, Wizard is about on the same level as W for me. Decent and watchable, but not that great.
 

Latest News & Videos

Latest News

Back
Top