Kamen Rider Wizard EP 31 - "His Tears"

Kousuke was also treated with some of the spotlight. There was a noticeable change in the way he fought, as Legion put it. Again I really dig the Rider relationship Wizard compared to Gentaro and Ryusei.

I was pleased to see the oft maligned Nitou get some more respect.

That reminds me of the Kyoto arc, right after Cosmic States debuted. They were all buddy buddy and Ryusei wanted to protect his friend Gentarou.

Next episode seems to be paralleling it somewhat, based on the preview.
 
I'm still trying to wrap my head around how a dragon made from despair was reborn through the "strength of ones heart".

It probably has to do with that really big, important, character driven arc... Where Haruto and the dragon came to terms, became buddies, and came to an understanding How haruto had changed the dragon, how the dragon was haruto's hope now. I mean I believe they were pretty clear on this.
 
It might have been because I was in a rush to finish the episode so it felt like it was taking forever, but when I watched 30 and 31 together, the road to his power-up didn't feel rushed at all. The main problem is that he's had so many fucking power-ups that you're just like, "...Okay, sure. What's he need this for though?"

All-Dragon, and arguably even Drago-Time, shouldn't have existed. Maybe Drago-Time should have been something only the unique power of Infinity Styles could grant Haruto.

Also. I feel like Wiseman is the White Wizard. He's a True Neutral.
 
It probably has to do with that really big, important, character driven arc... Where Haruto and the dragon came to terms, became buddies, and came to an understanding How haruto had changed the dragon, how the dragon was haruto's hope now. I mean I believe they were pretty clear on this.

Thematically, it works, but it seems to completely disregard the rules Wizard had introduced up to here regarding magic.

They had never suggested that someone who had lost their phantom could recover them, rings had never just appeared due to someone's magic, but had to be prepared from magic stones... Yet, here, they broke all that just due to the "strength of Haruto's heart"?

All-Dragon, and arguably even Drago-Time, shouldn't have existed. Maybe Drago-Time should have been something only the unique power of Infinity Styles could grant Haruto.

All Dragon had a much bigger build up and preparation for its introduction than Infinity Style though. The Haruto/Phoenix rivalry, with Phoenix becoming stronger and stronger, lasting from the debut of Fire Dragon to All Dragon's debut, the White Wizard's interest in Haruto's growth, and there was even a two part story leading directly to their actual final battle two part story. All building up to that.

Of course, I guess after Phoenix was finished everything pretty much fell apart. All the upgrades became pointless (Medusa randomly going from matching one Dragon Form to knocking down four Dragon Wizards in one hit shows that pretty well) and All Dragon never appeared again... and now we got this Infinity Style which even further pushes them aside.
 
All-Dragon, and arguably even Drago-Time, shouldn't have existed. Maybe Drago-Time should have been something only the unique power of Infinity Styles could grant Haruto.
The drago-time thing is a pretty cool and unusual concept. It's just coming off the back of 4 Dragon Style introductions meant everyone was a little burned out by then. If Drago-Time had been this year's "Fang/Joker" mid-season upgrade, and just called upon the power of the 4 normal styles, we'd all be singing its' praises. Even if it then merged into an all dragon special, it still could've worked. It's just the sheer numbers that's the issue.

Infinity had the same problem really. I don't care much either way for the suit. My only issue is that for such a major toy-spot, that axe-sword isn't much of a toy. I haven't seen any reviews of it, but I'm guessing that the high-five gimmick is because it's a simple pressure pad rather than a scanner with different sounds like the other weapons. So the ultimate weapon is the cheapest to construct and lacks the full gimmick? Seems like a let down.

Having said that, the stuff with Koyomi and Haruto was really great. The actors deserve credit for being damn good when the writing actually gives them something to work with.
 
It probably has to do with that really big, important, character driven arc... Where Haruto and the dragon came to terms, became buddies, and came to an understanding How haruto had changed the dragon, how the dragon was haruto's hope now. I mean I believe they were pretty clear on this.

That is some "Mo Mo Taurus first Garo s3 post" level of irony.

I hope.

YOu are joking, right. That never happened. Haruto endured Dragon's might to get All Dragon, but that's about it.

The drago-time thing is a pretty cool and unusual concept. It's just coming off the back of 4 Dragon Style introductions meant everyone was a little burned out by then. If Drago-Time had been this year's "Fang/Joker" mid-season upgrade, and just called upon the power of the 4 normal styles, we'd all be singing its' praises. Even if it then merged into an all dragon special, it still could've worked. It's just the sheer numbers that's the issue.

Agreed.
 
Last episode left me in despair, let's turn it into hope! :169:

--Interesting. Sora says that he is not defined by his Phantom, but rather it's his human side that brings the cleverness and thirst for knowledge. I'd love to see how this will play out... :hmm:
--Nitou, thanks for caring. Hearing those blunt words may be hard to swallow, but he needed to hear it.
yes-smiley-face.gif

--Oh, surgery! So that's what was wrong with her.
shock-smiley-face.gif
Also, I love this whole message about kindness. So heartwarming... :wub:
--Koyomi, what are you doing? Now is not the time to be running away from home and getting everyone worried, girl. :nono2:
--Wow. This scene is so heartbreakingly sad. :bawling: Now I can see why people ship these two... (...But I still ship Haruto and Rinko :shakefist )
--Could it be...? Major character death?! :O_O:
--The premiere we've all been waiting for... Glorious Infinity! :198: That suit is SOOOOO pretty! MUST HAVE FIGUARTS OF IT!!!
smiley-love016.gif

--And for the ultimate finish, his dragon turns into... A recolored, remolded MedaGabRyu? :sly:
--...And hey! Koyomi didn't die! It's gonna be a Merry Christmas after all. :anime:
--I like that ending. Modest, not an irresponsible waste of magic, and I bet Haruto has a new appreciation for his magicless friends. :thumbs:
--Missy taking orders from Gremlin?! Well, I asked for this, but even I'm surprised by the twist ending! :)
 

Latest News & Videos

Latest News

Back
Top