Kamen Rider Wizard EP 22 -"Phoenix Rampage"

Relax. It's only because the episode was more about Haruto and Phoenix than it was about Kousuke.

We just had another two episode arc that was mostly about Haruto though... Beast has been sidelined faster than any recent secondary Rider. He got his introductory episode, and the two episodes afterwards, but that was it so far, and now he'll spend an entire month sidelined right after his debut.

Now, of course, he'll get a new arc when they get around to giving him his upgrade, but it's still rather odd...
 
We just had another two episode arc that was mostly about Haruto though... Beast has been sidelined faster than any recent secondary Rider. He got his introductory episode, and the two episodes afterwards, but that was it so far, and now he'll spend an entire month sidelined right after his debut.

Now, of course, he'll get a new arc when they get around to giving him his upgrade, but it's still rather odd...

It's only been two episodes where he totally sidelined. 20 and 22. That's not a month.
 
It's only been two episodes where he totally sidelined. 20 and 22. That's not a month.

I was counting 20-23. Yes, he does get a fighting scene in 21, I guess, but he was just a sidekick to Wizard there. Of course, 20 and 22 are even worse and just almost completely exclude him, but that doesn't mean he did much in 21... And 23 looks likely it's going to be all about Wizard again with the new form debut.
 
I was counting 20-23. Yes, he does get a fighting scene in 21, I guess, but he was just a sidekick to Wizard there. Of course, 20 and 22 are even worse and just almost completely exclude him, but that doesn't mean he did much in 21... And 23 looks likely it's going to be all about Wizard again with the new form debut.

I count 21 because he did have role with Beelzebub's plot and met White Wizard beyond him just having a fight scene. Which is why I didn't include 20 where he just appeared at the very beginning and end.
 
This Sora guy is just strange enough to be slightly frightening. I wonder what he's up to.

I really love Pheonix and the fight in this episode with both Medusa and then Wizard were pretty awesome. Beast is almost getting sidelined more than Beet and Stag were though.. I assume they'll do something with him soon, but perhaps not every show needs a sixth ranger/secondary rider, if there's nothing for them to do, hm?
 
Phoenix forces Haruto into a showdown in another awesome episode of Wizard!

- Wow... so all it took was some fiddling to break the Drago Timer? I guess Rider tools are as fragile as their toy counterparts. In any case, nice job Shunpei :redface2:

- We finally get some more screentime for the mysterious Phantom Sora, who proves that being enigmatic and being entertaining are not so entirely different. It helps that he's a nice contrast to all the other Phantoms, from his super energetic personality to his preference for using the Phantoms Gate names. Considering the Phantoms think of their Gate selves as long dead and their Phantom names to be their "true" names, the fact that Sora uses them so earnestly is the first clue that he's no ordinary Phantom. From what we've seen of him so far, he seems to enjoy chaos more than the order Wiseman holds and maintains. But since he gave the Land stone to Koyomi, it looks like he and Wiseman at least have similar plans for Wizard. But with all the sides he seems to be playing, as befitting his enjoyment of chaos, his endgame is just as mysterious.

- The main course of the episode, Wizard vs. Phoenix Round 4, did not disappoint at all. From the nicely choreographed fight with Flame Style, to Haruto having to go through three Dragon forms and utilizing his strongest rings, and finally ending it with a Kick Strike + Slash Strike combo in Hurricane Dragon to end things, the fight definitely proved to be Wizard at its action best. It was certainly a step up from the last few fights with Phoenix, which were already impressive to begin with, and befitting of Phoenix's strength boost. Now I enjoyed Fourze vs. Scorpio and W vs. Nazca, but I think the rival fights in Wizard have set a new bar that I hope Rider can maintain in the future. The same goes for quality antagonists like Phoenix, who may hold the distinction for the one Rider villain with the most revivals in one series!

- Medusa vs. Phoenix, as a side dish, was also good. Medusa's being able to turn him into stone is probably the primary reason Phoenix had never gone rogue up until this point, but now he's revived enough to where it doesn't even faze him. On Medusa's side, it seemed she was at least somewhat disappointed that she had to take Phoenix out, if only because of how useful he can be. Though while I doubt the two were ever really close, I think a part of Medusa actually liked having Phoenix as a partner, pugnacious as he is. All in all, I'll really miss their interactions with one another, and hopefully Sora can prove to be a competent replacement.

- Hurricane Dragon's Kick Strike, aside from giving me a surprise that we'd actually get one for the Dragon Forms, reminded me that there hasn't been a Rider Kick finisher on the show in a while. I'm hoping All Dragon has one, especially since it's the true Mid-Season Upgrade. It would also be the perfect way to finally finish off Phoenix, if that is indeed the case for the next fight...

-Can't wait next week for Rinko hospitalized, Wizard vs. Phoenix round 5, and the debut of All Dragon!
 
I am absolutely dreading the prospect of Phoenix being killed off :( At this stage I'm openly rooting for him to destroy Haruto even though he obviously isn't going to ...
 

Latest News & Videos

Latest News

Back
Top