Henshin a Go-Go!!
1. Best Series:
Kamen Rider W

Reason for choice:
I think this series does a great job at being itself. Its not really trying to draw too much from any other Kamen Rider series. Its very unique and stands out many ways from other KR series. The characters, the design work, the music, the dialogue, the episodic plots along with most of the over arcing plot were handled pretty well to the point where Fuuto almost felt real. This series has a lot of personality and it just always puts a smile on my face.

2. Worst Series
Kamen Rider Kiva

Reason for choice:
Now before people assume that I'm just going to bash on Kiva, WAIT. I like Kiva, I like Decade and I like Fourze, Every Kamen Rider series has at least a few great concepts, some series just don’t attain their full potential, and Kiva is one of those. It did have a lot of great elements to it, the plot taking place in 2 different times, the music, and the suit designs for both the riders and fangire I thought were all really strong aspects to that series. That being said I feel it could have become more in terms of its overall plot.

3. Best Main Hero:
Shotaro Hidari/Phillip - W

Reason for choice:
Reason 1: Its a 2 in 1 option.
Reason 2: These 2 are a core component of what gives the show its distinct flavor. They helped bring Fuuto and its inhabitants to life. And despite their differences they manage to work as a team and totally embody the core themes of the series. And they’re just so goddamn likable, these characters are fun and ridiculous but still kick loads of ass they have a great dynamic.

4. Worst Main Hero:
Eiji Hino - OOO

Reason for choice:
Eiji’s issue is that he is super forgettable. He is super nonchalant at the beginning and at the end, it doesn’t feel like he’s learned anything. Despite him having gone through a lot it doesn’t seem as though he has truly changed. Him developing as a character is constantly shelved in order to put more focus on Ankh, which makes sense as he IS the real focus of OOO story but by the end of that series I still didn't feel like I understood Eiji as a character.

B]5. Best Secondary Hero:[/B]
Arata Kagami - Kamen Rider Kabuto
Reason for choice:
Easily one of my top 5 characters in all of Kamen Rider ever. He didn't just have the powers given to him out of the blue, or happened to be the next in line to receive powers. He earned that **** through pure determination and by growing as a person. And even once he gets his powers he never forgets to be true to himself or what he believes is right. Even at the end of the series he’s still a passionate spaz and he knows it, but he never lets that stop him from trying to do good. He's just about everything a rider should be at least from a symbolic standpoint.

6. Worst Secondary Hero:
Kamen Rider Delta

Reason for choice:
If you don't know what Delta's actual name is, congrats neither does anyone else. But seriously, every time Kamen Rider Delta gets mentioned I have to re-remember him. he really is THAT forgettable, oh I remember the Delta Driver and the suit, but the guy that officially "IS" Delta may as well be a figment of my imagination.

7. Best Type of Antagonists:
Orphenoch (Faiz)

Reason for choice:
Goddamn GENIUS! I LOVE the Orphenoch, they are so clever! I like that they really took time to focus on the details of each suit in order to make them all distinctive and unique. Almost all of the Orphenoch suits are a perfect example of sculpting and fabrication as an art form and they don't get nearly enough credit.

Also all of the Orphenoch were once human, so these aren't just random monsters, these were living breathing people and I think that that also adds a really unique twist on having the only way to deal with them is to completely annihilate them.

8. Worst Type of Antagonists:
Makamou (Hibiki)

Reason for choice:
I don't mind the giant animals, but the humanoid costumes just look so silly some of the time that they near killed my suspension of disbelief.

9. Best Main Antagonist:
Shiro Kanzaki (Ryuki)

Reason for choice:
He made Highlander for Kamen Riders... Argument Done.

10. Worst Main Antagonist:
Kai (Den-O)

Reason for choice:
I hate Kai, he NEVER once feels like a legitimate threat and he NEVER gets a shred of backstory.

11. Best Male Non-Rider Character:
Ankh - Kamen Rider OOO

Reason for choice:
He steals that show in every possible way. Everyone knows exactly what I'm talking about.

12. Worst Male Non-Rider Character:
Kengo – Kamen Rider Kiva

Reason for choice:
He was almost as forgettable as Kamen Rider Delta.

13. Best Female Non-Rider Character:
Yuka – Kamen Rider 555

Reason for choice:
I liked Yuka, her story was really tragic and it's a shame that a character who was such a good person, despite everyone in her life treating her like ****; had to be exposed to even more bad people, but at least she also made some friends.

14. Worst Female Non-Rider Character:
Hiyori Kusakabe – Kamen Rider Kabuto

Reason for choice:
Shes like a robot, all the time and it drives me crazy.

15. Why do you love the Kamen Rider Series?
I owe Kamen Rider a lot, it got me into graphic design which ended up becoming my major, its helped me increase my comprehension speed and a bit of my vocab in my Japanese class, and its helped me meet a lot of really cool people. Its everything that was great about power rangers but better. Its nostalgic but completely new, and I love it.

Is anyone else amazed that Ankh has taken the Best Non-Rider Male Character division by a unanimous vote so far? I mean, I knew he was awesome but I had no idea how popular he is.

I am also disappointed by the lack of Ryuki hate. I guess I'm alone...that guy that voted Yui the best female....I died a little inside.

I do hope the TC posts the final statistical analysis when this is all over. I'd like to see which series take the most "medals" so to speak.

The new Tendou Souji
Hina

Reason for Choice: Hina's an oddball.

I think you meant to say Hana here; Hina is the OOO chick.

I am also disappointed by the lack of Ryuki hate. I guess I'm alone...that guy that voted Yui the best female....I died a little inside.

I was thinking of putting Yui down as one of my choices for "worst female" (other one would be "Suzuki Mio") but, I was having trouble with a lot of the other questions and chose to abstain my votes.

Last edited:
Kamen Rider Samurai
1. Best Series: Kabuto.

Reason for choice: Kabuto was the first series that got me interested in the Kamen Rider series.

2. Worst Series: Hibiki.

Reason for choice: It never originally was supposed to be a Kamen Rider series. It had been planned to be an entirely different show. Plus the theme for Hibiki never sat well with me.

3. Best Main Hero: Tsukasa Kadoya - Decade

Reason for choice: Tsukasa is my choice because from the moment he became Decade and found out that he was supposed to destroy the 9 Riders of the other Rider worlds he fought against that destiny by trying to make comrades with the other riders.

4. Worst Main Hero: Eiji Hino - OOO

Reason for choice: He equivalates everything good to a pair of fresh underwear. I just really can't take him seriously.

5. Best Secondary Hero: (please specify): Terui Ryu - Accel.

Reason for choice: I see him as the best secondary hero because he has a strong sense of right and wrong. He some times may end up going after the wrong guy but he always admits his mistakes and moves on.

6. Worst Secondary Hero: (please specify): Masato Kusake - Kaiza.

Reason for choice: I don't like Kaiza because While he may have started out as a kind and innocent person when he was little the fact that he became so dependant on Mari when they got older because she used to defend him when they were kids. Now this made him so dependant that he became obsessive and almost stalkerish over her. That to me does not translate hero. At first I looked at his attitude as kind of a mirror for Batman (from Batman The Animated Series) but the more I saw him I realized that he was worse then Batman. While Batman was a bit obsessive he drew the line at certain points. Like killing all criminals just because one ruined his life. Kaiza on the other hand didnt care if the Orphanoch was good or bad he would kill them all. And another thing that I didnt like about him was how manipulative he was that also does not scream hero to me.

7. Best Type of Antagonists: Worm (Kabuto)

Reason for choice: There were two types of worm in the Kabuto series and both were evil in their own right. They both tried to take over the world but while the worm that you see being dealt with throughout the series are straight up in your face evil the Native worm are more of the scheming type and will pretend to be friends with the humans but are only doing it to change the populace of Earth into worm as well.

8. Worst Type of Antagonists: Greeed (OOO)

Reason for choice: The way that the Greed are created just seemed to corny in my opinion and the fact that they looked rediculas made it hard to take them seriously when they would first form.

9. Best Main Antagonist: Narutaki (Decade)

Reason for choice: I see him as the best Main Antagonist because he is one of these bad guys that you just like because while he wants to stop the main character he is also willing to give up his own ambitions to stop others from taking over the world as was evident in the Kamen Rider Decade movie All Riders vs Dia-Shocker.

10. Worst Main Antagonist: Ryubee Sonozaki/Terror Dopant

Reason for choice: I didnt like him so much because after Phillip had fallen into the well and died and returned as the Library for the Earth he used his own son as a potential weapon without any remorse for his actions. While that makes him the perfect bad guy to some I consider it to be him just acting on ideas that he had already been thinking about long before he even turned evil.

11. Best Male Non-Rider Character: Mr. Ohsugi (Fourze)

Reason for choice: While he appears to be stupid at times his regard for human life especially that of his students lives out weighs the stupidity. And plus the suspender snapping gets kinda catchy after a while.

12. Worst Male Non-Rider Character: Rookie Detective Shun Makura (W/Double)

Reason for choice: I dont like how he operates as a detective. He is hot headed and acts only on half the information he is given without hearing all of it plus he has some unknown axe to grind with everyone at the Narumi Detective Agency. I dont think I have ever seen him be helpful once in that series.

13. Best Female Non-Rider Character: Yuki Jojima (Fourze)

Reason for choice: I like her because for one thing she is a dreamer. Everyone needs to have dreams in life and the fact that most of the students at Amonogawa High School dont take her seriously only sets it up for her to prove them all wrong later on in life when she fulfills her life long goal to go to space by way of NASA.

14. Worst Female Non-Rider Character: Saeko Sonozaki (W/Double)

Reason for choice: I dont particularly like her because she had become just as twisted as her father in the series and did many things that made me despise her. She killed her first husband just because he didnt agree with her methods then she fell in love with the owner of the Wheather memory she just didnt seem like a character that I could get used to seeing every episode.

15. Why do you love the Kamen Rider Series? I love the Kamen Rider Series because unlike with the Power Rangers that are geared toward specifically the younger people Kamen Rider is geared toward a wide range of all ages. There are times that when people find out that I still watch Power Rangers it makes me feel a little childish but I never feel that way with the Kamen Rider shows that I watch.

Last edited:
@Glamador

Sure, i'll put in snippets of my analysis once i'm done gathering all the data, but not the whole thing; the whole analysis would be too long to post here:p

I've been seeing some very interesting answers here, thanks a lot fellas!:buttrock:

Shyni
Anyone else find it hilarious how Narutaki is listed as "main antagonist" for Decade? I mean, what was he even trying to do?

And anyway,
[HIDE] he was only in a leadership position for a few minutes, up until Doras shows up. Not to mention that TSUKASA was the one who was destroying the universes.[/HIDE]

Last edited:
1. Best Series: Agito
Reason for choice: Unlike most Rider series, Agito had a pretty likable cast of characters worth rooting for. The show had plenty of mysteries and several stories that overlapped each other with surprisingly good consistency. By the end, everything is wrapped up so neatly, it's pretty unbelievable. And just how Agito's imaginative concept slowly gets brought to life is just downright awesome.

2. Worst Series: Decade
Reason for choice: All the characters were unlikable and not worth rooting for. The stories of every episode was just horridly written and a huge pain to sit through. It did not feel like a celebration of the Kamen Rider franchise. Instead, it felt like a show that was trying to get me to hate Kamen Rider, which is beyond ridiculous. It felt like an insult to every Rider seasons (including Kabuto and Faiz, which I also hated). And the series ends on a damn cliffhanger with nothing making sense. Worst story ever.

3. Best Main Hero: Yuusuke Godai (Kuuga)
Reason for choice: I think Godai pretty much represents what a hero should be. A guy who is carefree, fun to get along with, and fights for the sake of everyone's smiles. But at a terrible price. Godai inside absolutely hates fighting and violence, and has forced himself to go through hell just to make everything right again. And it gets worse as he gets closer and closer to his Ultimate Form, which in the end, will end up corrupting him. But Godai is strong and refuses to give up. He's just so likable and fun to watch. NO FEAR! NO PAIN!

4. Worst Main Hero: Tsukasa Kadoya (Decade)
Reason for choice: A complete douchebag who acts like he's wiser than everyone else, but in truth is just a prick. He is also horribly written in a very blatant Gary Stu style (He can do things that he shouldn't be able to get away with, yet the show demands the audience to love him. Ugh, I really hate that writing style). That style mixed with his unlikable attitude is practically a recipe for disaster. I can't stand watching him at all. And in the end, he was no hero.

5. Best Secondary Hero: Hikawa Makoto (G3) or Ryo Ashihara (Gills)
Reason for choice: They both seem to classify in Agito. I think both Hikawa and Ryo just represent everything that Secondary Riders have to offer. And I think both of them do it the best. Hikawa is the "Professional" style Secondary Rider. He's likable and the way he keeps up with the other characters and their mystical powers is downright awesome. I love how he relates himself to all the craziness going on around him. Ryo is the "Outcast" secondary Rider. Like a good chunk of these types, Ryo's life downright sucks. But rather than being angsty, Ryo chooses to be strong and continues to keep fighting in order to at least live decently. He's not exactly happy, but he knows when to be a polite nice guy when he needs to. And he never gives up. Gotta give him a lot of credit for that.

6. Worst Secondary Hero: Masato Kusaka (Kaixa)
Reason for choice: One of the biggest assholes in Rider history. Has no redeeming qualities. He interferes with a lot of the stories and characters like an unforgivable troll and just slows them all down. Tries to act like he's important but really isn't. A huge RACIST. I just can't stand him at all and wished he was never onscreen.

7. Best Type of Antagonists: Grongi (Kuuga)
Reason for choice: A real threat shrouded in mystery. These guys have plenty of style going on for them, from the way they dress, to their methods of operations, to even having their own made up language! These guys are downright evil and sick in the mind, that you want nothing more than for Kuuga to demolish them. They kill lots of people all to satisfy their own sick game. I love how their games come in different styles and how it'll all eventually lead up to the final battle with Daguva. The mysteries surrounding them are very interesting and I love how they get revealed bit by bit as the series progresses.

8. Worst Type of Antagonists: A.R. Kamen Riders (Decade)
Reason for choice: They are all downright stupid. All these conflicts occur just cause they are all just too stupid to believe any little thing that a random guy named Narutaki says. The series conflicts are all superficial at best. And since the show just loves to make that prick Decade look so wonderful, none of these enemies pose a threat. And it's downright heart wrenching to see many of your favorite Riders being watered down into these lame villains.

9. Best Main Antagonist: N-Daguva-Zeba (Kuuga)
Reason for choice: Honestly, I'm not really too keen on any of the main antagonists in Kamen Rider. But I'll have to say that Daguva was probably the best. Despite his limited amount of screen time, Daguva is downright despicable for what he brings into the world and what he puts Godai through. Daguva is one sick in the mind villain. All the suffering that occurs throughout the series are all meant to lead up to Daguva's final battle. Many people lose their lives as a result, and all cause Daguva is batshit insane and wanted to have his own selfish fun. Plus, on the cool side, Daguva's powers are practically the same as Kuuga's, so it's an interesting comparison.

10. Worst Main Antagonist: Narutaki (Decade)
Reason for choice: The villain who had absolutely no plan at all. And whenever he did have a plan, it would always come out of nowhere and logically make no sense or do anything for the story at all. Narutaki's personality just sucks as well as it is never made entirely clear why he hates what he does, or what he wishes to obtain in the series, or how he intends to obtain it. Nothing more than an irritating troll and a complete waste of my time watching him.

11. Best Male Non-Rider Character: Hojo (Agito)
Reason for choice: A major jerk with a very hidden heart of gold. Many Rider shows attempt this type of character, and just about all of them fall flat. Hojo is easily the most human (if not the only one) out of all these characters of this type. He is believable and actually fun to watch with what he tries to do throughout the series and why he does what he does. Very interesting and deep character.

12. Worst Male Non-Rider Character: Keitaro Kikuchi (Faiz)
Reason for choice: Does absolutely nothing throughout the whole series. Is completely useless. Whines a lot. He's supposed to be the nicest guy ever, but he instead comes off as a freaking tool and complains when things don't go perfectly right. I see no reason to root for him. And his plot with Yuka was just downright idiotic at best and was just cringe-worthy to watch all throughout. It also doesn't help that Keitaro's actor just sucks.

13. Best Female Non-Rider Character: Sumiko Ozawa (Agito)
Reason for choice: The single most kickass female character in Kamen Rider to date. PERIOD. Unlike most female characters in the franchise who just merely support the hero IF THEY CAN, Ozawa actually DOES it. And not only does she just support the heroes, she actually takes charge several times! Ozawa is a fun character. I love her no-nonesense attitude while also being slightly eccentric. Her actress does a superb job as well. Ozawa goes out of her way to stop the Lords however she can, and she does a spectacular job.

14. Worst Female Non-Rider Character: Mio Suzuki (Kiva)
Reason for choice: Her character was just downright pathetic. She couldn't think at all and was downright selfish and even manipulative. Brings in an unnecessary love story, which causes all sorts of terrible writing. Her motivations were shallow at best and never made much sense. She was useless and was wimpy and never made any attempt to try and do anything right. And it's made even worse when the show tries to force the audience to love her in the end. Ugh.

15. Why do you love the Kamen Rider Series?: For me, Kamen Rider has had a lot of disappointing seasons, even though a lot of seasons have very interesting concepts. So I guess that's what's keeping me going. Plus, I do know that when Kamen Rider is good, it's very good. My top favorites are Kuuga and Agito. And I love those shows mostly because they have a likable cast (something that sadly doesn't happen as often as I would like in Rider), amazing mysteries, and B-horror elements which I think is a major element to Kamen Rider in general, and would love to see more of it. Aside from those, I just love henshin heroes fighting monsters and a lot of the concepts and aesthetics are pretty sweet.

Anyone else find it hilarious how Narutaki is listed as "main antagonist" for Decade? I mean, what was he even trying to do?

And anyway,
[HIDE] he was only in a leadership position for a few minutes, up until Doras shows up. Not to mention that TSUKASA was the one who was destroying the universes.[/HIDE]

Actually, i found it funny at first that Narutaki was referred to as the "main antagonist" of Decade. But when i researched about it, for example here, it became clear that Narutaki, according to Wikipedia and the official webpage of Decade, was indeed the main antagonist of Decade. Funny, eh?:laugh:

Shyni
Actually, i found it funny at first that Narutaki was referred to as the "main antagonist" of Decade. But when i researched about it, for example here, it became clear that Narutaki, according to Wikipedia and the official webpage of Decade, was indeed the main antagonist of Decade. Funny, eh?:laugh:

He was the main antagonist with how he fought against the show making sense.