AAA-MAA-ZONN
If it's completely unplayable without the figurines, then unfortunately, I ain't getting to try it out T_T

yeah i mean the game comes with 3 figures and 4 chips, as well as the "Rider Gate" but if you just like, somehow found a copy of the game disc or something, then nah there's no way to play it.

In Justice, We Trust!
yeah i mean the game comes with 3 figures and 4 chips, as well as the "Rider Gate" but if you just like, somehow found a copy of the game disc or something, then nah there's no way to play it.

They do sell the figruines on their on, as for the Ride Gate...I think that only comes with the game.

Lurker

Are there any cinematic supers? I'd adore a video of those if somebody could do it.

AAA-MAA-ZONN
Are there any cinematic supers? I'd adore a video of those if somebody could do it.

Not that I've seen thus far, no "musou gauge" or anything so to speak, but the rider figure switching scenes are pretty sweet. It's like the Rider kicks through reality into Crystal World and then there's a cool close up of the Rider. The form changes come in 2 types, either move specific like Wizard or Gaim, or through the chips. Gaim and Wizard both have moves that will momentarily change their forms, (Wizard does earth, land, hurricane, while gaim does pineapple arms) but then Drive on the other hand only goes into Wild Type when you use the chip.

There's a Yukkuri Let's Play in NND if you have an account there http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm25065685

From the let's play, everyone's favorite slow loading time from Battride Wars is back, as well as reused resources from Battride Wars and Climax Heroes. There's also a load each time you want to access the Rider Gate.

Anyway, with how the world and original characters look, I'm pretty sure that BanNam originally want to make some original fantasy RPG then just decide to turn it into a Rider game. The design are good, but it's something that you won't expect in a Rider game. The heroine pretty cute though.

Lurker

Hentailover is an avid follower of Gokaiger versions of PS3 games, if you get what i'm saying

AAA-MAA-ZONN
Hentailover is an avid follower of Gokaiger versions of PS3 games, if you get what i'm saying

lol yeah I was kinda thinking that.

Little info update about this game -- I've encountered some new "gates" last night. Most are made of 4 colored crystals (red, blue, green, yellow, purple) that correspond to the different Rider's elements, but last night I found a gate that had 2 blue crystals and 2 red, I'm thinking you need 2 players to get through these gates. I've also run into a couple of Rider specific gates that have 2 white crystals and a Rider symbol in silver, (Drive's R, Gaim's head crest, Wizard's magic glyph) so far I haven't found any gates that have kept me from finishing a level, but I'm sure this will likely happen soon. I'm not sweating it though, I've got the first wave of figure/chip sets on the way to me in the mail.

Lurker
lol yeah I was kinda thinking that.

Little info update about this game -- I've encountered some new "gates" last night. Most are made of 4 colored crystals (red, blue, green, yellow, purple) that correspond to the different Rider's elements, but last night I found a gate that had 2 blue crystals and 2 red, I'm thinking you need 2 players to get through these gates. I've also run into a couple of Rider specific gates that have 2 white crystals and a Rider symbol in silver, (Drive's R, Gaim's head crest, Wizard's magic glyph) so far I haven't found any gates that have kept me from finishing a level, but I'm sure this will likely happen soon. I'm not sweating it though, I've got the first wave of figure/chip sets on the way to me in the mail.

so i take it you can't finish the game with just the free figures that came with the game? that totally kills my interest on this, i would settle for the game and the 3 figures if that's all i need to beat the game with since i have no interest of playing any other rider than (the very gimped and car-less) Drive, because i can just play BW2 for them

but if you need extra figure purchases just to proceed through the game then i most likely will remove this from my to buy list and just hope to Xerxes that they release BW3 soon.

also, can you take screenies of the new characters/enemies/bosses in the game? the trailers only shown a giant Phoenix and a giant Shocker combatant

AAA-MAA-ZONN
so i take it you can't finish the game with just the free figures that came with the game? that totally kills my interest on this, i would settle for the game and the 3 figures if that's all i need to beat the game with since i have no interest of playing any other rider than (the very gimped and car-less) Drive, because i can just play BW2 for them

but if you need extra figure purchases just to proceed through the game then i most likely will remove this from my to buy list and just hope to Xerxes that they release BW3 soon.

also, can you take screenies of the new characters/enemies/bosses in the game? the trailers only shown a giant Phoenix and a giant Shocker combatant

I'm really not that far into the game yet to say yes or no to that, So Far it hasn't been an issue but I'm also only about 6 hours into the game. I'll try to snap some pics with my phone later of some of the enemies, but off the top of my head some of the bosses I've fought so far are: Kickhopper, Eternal, Scissors, Ibuki, Dark Kiva, Lion Imagin, Bat/Dracula Fangire, OOO in the orange movie form, Bujin Gaim in that big flower form, and uh, maybe Weather Dopant?

I actually like the overall combat in Summonride more than BW2 (tho the BW series is still great) but I can definitely understand people not wanting to collect the figures/chips because of how expensive it can get, but if the Summonride series keeps along the Skylanders pattern, the figures from this game will be useable in future Summonride games, which could potentially lead to a sort of 3-d All Riders type of game, where there's eventually figures for the Showa riders and the secondary riders etc. and I think that would be really cool.

edit: here's some pics

image-1.jpg

image.jpg

Lion Imagin boss fight and Kamen Rider Joker mini boss

Last edited:
Lurker
yeah, weather dopant was shown in the trailer

so the new rider character/enemies so far are Scissors, Kickhopper, and Joker? i guess that's something to look forward to in BW3, but Scissors before Ouja is just weird...there's of course the normal Leo imagin, but BW already have the albino version, so that's not exactly new...

what exactly made this game better than BW(or what made BW less better than this game?)