Kamen Rider shows: The "live-cam" style.

Not really, there are a bunch of weights/counterbalances in the rig (which is why it's so heavy) that cancels it all out. Don't ask me to explain it, not even my brother's instructor could do that. :P

Those guys can even jog while shooting (pretty much anything short of a full-out sprint) and the shot will still look good.
 
I don't know if anyone else feels this way but I have to say that something that I do enjoy about modern Rider shows is the way the shows are filmed. This started (at least for Rider) with Kuuga and for lack of knowing the actual technical term I usually refer to it as "live camera".

For me what I really enjoy about it is that it really puts you in the setting and the moment and the setting much more so than I think many big production tv or films would.

Yeah; especially considering that most Rider shows nowadays seem more like J-Dramas than anything else. It's a shame they stopped using the format after Hibiki. (IIRC, didn't Kabuto go back to 30 fps?)
 
Yeah, it is more that kind of camera effect that you see in dramas or live-events or soap operas as opposed to say a movie or what was used in older toku.

Not so much the thing with the camera shaking though. That actually bugs the hell out of me and makes stuff like CSI damn near unwatchable for me. There you not only have the camera shaking all the time but everything is edited really fast, its like god forbid the camera be allowed to be on any shot for more than half a second.
 

Latest News & Videos

Latest News

Back
Top