Which Kamen Rider/Super Sentai shows...

Kinasin

Are sure fire skips? Basically which ones should I not watch under any circumstances?:disappoin

Kiryurules

It's so easy when you're evil
That's a bit of a tricky question to answer, because in the end it's very subjective. Even a lot of the widely loved shows, like Kuuga and W from Rider or Shinkenger from Sentai, aren't universally liked by everyone in the fandom. The same is true the other way around, since shows like Kiva and Go-Busters still very much have their fans (I'm a huge Kiva fan, for example).

So just trusting someone else's word on what show you will or won't like isn't always a good idea. You can take their opinions into account, sure, but you won't know exactly what shows you'll become a huge fan of and which you'll turn off in disgust until you sit down and watch them. That's my two cents, anyway.

Khaiden

Heroes are forever
This is an anti-recommendation thread. And just like the recommendation threads I'll say this:

It depends on what you like and what you don't like. At least for Rider, I think they're all great, if I were to recommend (in this case, the opposite) one to somebody, I'd have to know if there's anything they like to see in particular in media, fiction, things they're into, etc.

''I wanna get into reading but I just can't do it. How do I start?''
''Read about stuff that interests you first, it's very likely you'll get hooked.''

KingWilly

*explosion*
Even the most disliked show has it's fans, so everything is worth at least a try. For example, Kamen Rider Decade is almost universally seen as vile, but it's worth at least a watch to experience it.

cypsiman2

MagiFanboy
I can't speak for Sentai, but the only Rider I'd say is a must-not-see is the last 19 episodes of Hibiki.

Seconded; what happened to Hibiki was a goddamn crime.

In general though, every Sentai and Rider I've seen have had things going for them and things going against them; none are so perfect as to be beyond reproach, nor any so heinous as to be unwatchable and where any given show falls is going to depend mostly on your tastes and what it is you're looking for in these shows.

In general though, every Sentai and Rider I've seen have had things going for them and things going against them; none are so perfect as to be beyond reproach, nor any so heinous as to be unwatchable and where any given show falls is going to depend mostly on your tastes and what it is you're looking for in these shows.

This pretty much. :)

Yeah I am also of the opinion that it's all about your tastes. Look for designs, themes, background music, hell even the Rider Kick/Team Finisher itself to get and keep you interested. There are 2 shows that I didn't like to start out with but powered through the early episodes and before I knew it I was interested and finished the series (Go-Onger and Boukenger), while there are shows I loved from moment one (most of the Heisei Kamen Rider Series). Just figure out where your tastes lie and pick the show that looks the most like that particular style.

Solo the Wingman

*smooth jazz*
Pretty much what everyone else said: different strokes for different folks.

Case in point: there's already been a recommendation against Decade. I wouldn't go quite so far as to disavow Decade; I really enjoyed most of the show and the concept was unique. I can see why people don't like Decade since my personal head-canon is that the ending doesn't exist, but it's not complete and utter trash.

Don't let mass opinion decided anything for you. Just pick a show and try it out.

Scissors

I absolutely love Battle Fever J, despite the fact that most people won't even go near it.

Its all a matter of personal taste, and I think that every show out there has at least one big fan here on HJU.

K

Kamen Rider IXA

I want to say:
GoogleV - but It has one really awesome cutie - GooglePink.
Zyuranger - but Bandora is real good villain

Lots of shows has Its own advantages and disadvantages, so I guess you should watch everything))

Now on Kickstarter

Latest News

Who's on Discord?

Latest posts