I was staring at the Tacobar script not too long ago, and it says he doesn't want Indian food because he recently was there. It makes sense to think he was there about a year ago or maybe even less. It would be strange to say he was there over a year ago and that he still wouldn't eat Indian food after that long a period of time.
I don't know the context. I have to admit I still haven't seen the episode. :sweat:
The battle of OOO and the Greeds 800 years ago doesn't seem to take place in Japan according to the newest scans (Well, nothing confirmed, I think, but the buildings in the background don't have Japanese architecture).
That might explain the English language words from the belt (of course, it was modern English, but it's using modern Japanese too).
I'd double-check this against the other translations before assuming it's a major character backstory hint. The OOO episode I saw with Tacobar subs screwed up enough dialog badly enough that it omitted a fairly substantial plot point entirely.
Wait, Black Fang LIKES this show? Did I step into Bizarro World or something?
Jus' kiddin' dude.
Anyhoo, I'm LOVIN' this show. HARD. I was worried it wouldn't live up to Double, but it looks like that worry was unfounded. Good ****, and I can't wait for more.
About the Peace Corps background for Eiji, since the flashback appears to be war zone, this doesn't seem as likely. Peace Corps are usually recalled during these situations. However, Japan did send National Defense soldiers to Iraq, so he could have been in the Japanese military and gone to a war zone.