Kamen Rider Manga now available on Comixology

Such a good skit. I probably shouldn't think it is...but it is.

Also don't mistake an Inteligence check for a Charisma check. Hongo had just as much Inteligence as Tony, but half the Charisma. (Yay for D&D logic!)

Ah D&D logic. Nah, I was basing that comment on the DC Comics Universe definition of "levels of intellect". A level 9 intellect can talk someone into suicide very quickly indeed. And a 600 IQ is like...12th level.

Don't quote me on that.
 
Ah D&D logic. Nah, I was basing that comment on the DC Comics Universe definition of "levels of intellect". A level 9 intellect can talk someone into suicide very quickly indeed. And a 600 IQ is like...12th level.

Don't quote me on that.

I wish I had that level of intellect.....

Isn't spirits enough? It's all the showa for the win. Man...I still shutter a little when I think about Ichimonji's chapter. I need to re-read it. I need to re-read all of spirits and finally finish it.

I love that comic and wish it had an official release here because its probably one of the best stories I have read in comics...particularly Riderman's story.
 
Riderman's was surprisingly good. It not only fits into the series well, but shows you that Joji has the potential to put his vengence aside and become a semi-normal man. To my understanding in the main series he was a pissed off anti-hero with a chip on his shoulder (literally), but eventually puts that aside and becomes his own hero. In the Manga he mellows out a ton (even after he gets his memory back) but can still throw down even with the other, fully cybernized riders. Even when Marshal Armor comes back to haunt him, he mans up and uses some solid stradegy to beat down a far stronger foe. Just goes to show you how good Spirits was that it was able to live up to the original material and surpass it to some degree. Ishinomori would be proud.

Should I continue to gush over how amazing it is, cause memories of V3's henshin scene at the end of his spotlight chapter are flooding my mind and eyes.
 
Riderman's was surprisingly good. It not only fits into the series well, but shows you that Joji has the potential to put his vengence aside and become a semi-normal man. To my understanding in the main series he was a pissed off anti-hero with a chip on his shoulder (literally), but eventually puts that aside and becomes his own hero. In the Manga he mellows out a ton (even after he gets his memory back) but can still throw down even with the other, fully cybernized riders. Even when Marshal Armor comes back to haunt him, he mans up and uses some solid stradegy to beat down a far stronger foe. Just goes to show you how good Spirits was that it was able to live up to the original material and surpass it to some degree. Ishinomori would be proud.

Should I continue to gush over how amazing it is, cause memories of V3's henshin scene at the end of his spotlight chapter are flooding my mind and eyes.


Sounds exactly how I felt about Pluto by Naoki Urasawa.
 
So he could make V3 a cyborg, yet could not talk the enemy into mass suicide and end their reign?

OK.......:laugh:

Reminds me of The Crow in the Robot Chicken parody of Oz:

Robot Chicken: The Nerd in Oz - YouTube
The Great Leader was no fool either. He might have tricked the other enemies (Hell Ambassador is a great example) but not the Boss.

Such a good skit. I probably shouldn't think it is...but it is.

Also don't mistake an Inteligence check for a Charisma check. Hongo had just as much Inteligence as Tony, but half the Charisma. (Yay for D&D logic!)
100% wrong.
 
Yeah...Hongo did lead the riders and inspired generations worth of heroes....I just don't see Hongo as being as Charismatic as Tony Stark. I just...don't. Not saying he isn't a great guy, though the fact he needs few words to inspire so many may be a sign of his charisma. Let's ask the masses.
 
Yeah...Hongo did lead the riders and inspired generations worth of heroes....I just don't see Hongo as being as Charismatic as Tony Stark. I just...don't. Not saying he isn't a great guy, though the fact he needs few words to inspire so many may be a sign of his charisma. Let's ask the masses.
You have to see the original series to get his charm (not talking about the manga). Ichimonji beats him in that aspect though :laugh:
 

Latest News & Videos

Latest News

Back
Top