Kamen Rider Kabuto - GSL English Teaser

Hikuro

Member
Well here it is, it's not complete......not by a long shot.....but because of push backs and cast members not doing their lines and loosing alot of my audio software do to a restore....this was as far as I got.

I'll take me weeks to get my programs back up and running....but this is as far as I got.

Keep in mind, this wasn't what the "Final" product was going to sound like....I got SO many more things left to add for sfxs and script revisals, and recasting and etc etc etc...not too mention this wont be the rider vocals in the actual movie.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XG5hCMOm3VQ - TEST BATTLE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lo3865bnb50 - TEST OPENING FULL 2 1/2 minutes


PROGRESS REPORTS

1/9/08
8 minutes into the film with a substaintial amount work done to it. The goal is to atleast put in an hour or two per day to see how far I can get.
So far I'm all the way deep into the desert battle scene for sfxs....I'll have to recycle some of the action from the truck chase because I don't have anything that'll be as compelling as that.
I also added the new Vocal Transform sfx which will be known as "CAST ON" as to further the "English" goal and make it less japanese.
So far that is working well.

Hawkeye is still at about halfway done with the script but we can begin recording at any time the VA's are ready.

However, some minor recasting is needed.
 
Last edited:
Not bad, apart from the obvious things. One or two voices sounded a little off though, mainly just the girl and one or two lines. Don't be afraid to americanise some lines a little in terms of wording when regular translation just sounds strange ('Dog of ZECT' etc.).
 
Some part of Yamato isn't dubbed and Tendou's voice seem to be too manly which it suppose to be calmer and lower but I gave it a 3.
 
yamatos parts werent dubbed in at all, I suspect you mean oda, and thats because I hd no yamato va to fill in the gaps with oda.
 
Okay, I'll be honest:

First off, before I say anything, yes I know this is a test and in that sense, it's decent. However, you really need to work on music and sound effect levels, especially during the big Henshin sequence as even in the movie the "CHANGE" voice was never that Heaven Shatteringly Loud.

Also, if you want to go for quality then in my opinion, you SERIOUSLY need to recast a few roles. Sure it's a fandub so some voices can't be a carbon copy of the original but Tendo seriously does not fit. No offense to the voice actor but he honestly sounds like he belongs in a Getter Robo dub and just showed up at the wrong recording session.

Other times, some voices just sound like Kabuto fans who just wanted to be their favorite character which 9 times out of 10, it never ends well. Namely because it comes off sounding a lot like that God Awful He-Man Radio Play series that makes me want to throw myself into a swimming pool filled with an entire warehouse's worth of plugged in electric toasters for just thinking about it.

Still, this does show some promise. Just work on the levels and if personally you feel that you really need to, recast some key roles.
 
you SERIOUSLY need to recast a few roles. Sure it's a fandub so some voices can't be a carbon copy of the original but Tendo seriously does not fit.

I can understand your reasoning....but the most difficult part of Voice Acting a fandub is the lack of male leads....I've heard auditions from ppl who just plane shouldn't try, and then those who i think got some merit.
I can easily find female va's cause they're dreams are to play Sailor Moon XD but males......nah.....I dunno if it's an ego thing, or whatever.

As for Hawkeye not being a good tendou, I disagree, I think when Hawkeye tries he makes a pretty good tendou and he's been a very active participator for this project....script writing, taking my crap when he works 6 days a week, etc etc....plus lots of ppl have commented he makes a good tendou. He certaintly makes a better one then I.

However, you really need to work on music and sound effect levels, especially during the big Henshin sequence as even in the movie the "CHANGE" voice was never that Heaven Shatteringly Loud.

SFX levels on the final product are toned down and even altered....since we're getting rid of the "HENSHIN" I spliced the CAST OFF and PUT ON sfx's to "CAST ON"...and I have lowered alot of the pitch levels so they're not loud.
Music wise, I found the original musical score edit I did back in the summer, but I didn't use it in this cause it was just recent...but the music levels were flawless and timed perfectly compared to this.

Other times, some voices just sound like Kabuto fans who just wanted to be their favorite character which 9 times out of 10, it never ends well. Namely because it comes off sounding a lot like that God Awful He-Man Radio Play series that makes me want to throw myself into a swimming pool filled with an entire warehouse's worth of plugged in electric toasters for just thinking about it.

Never heard the He-man radio play....I grew out of that show decade ago or so. However, you should know, the people who are voicing these roles ARE Kamen Rider fans, most of them were picked out from here on the boards.

That's why i looked for male voices here, VAA is boned dry when it comes too good male talent that doesn't sound like they got hit by a freight train or sound monotoned.

But I digress...if and when the final product comes out....it will sound better. Maybe not exactly how I'd want it....but it will be prettttyyyy daaaammmn close.
 
I can understand your reasoning....but the most difficult part of Voice Acting a fandub is the lack of male leads....I've heard auditions from ppl who just plane shouldn't try, and then those who i think got some merit.
I can easily find female va's cause they're dreams are to play Sailor Moon XD but males......nah.....I dunno if it's an ego thing, or whatever.

I can feel your pain in that respect. What I've found is that there are usually more females than males and nine times out of ten, the guys are too timid to try out or something and you have to resort to scouting and recommendations from friends and fellow cast members. I probably would have signed on to help had I remembered this was still going on but-and I hope I don't sound snobbish when saying this-I've kind of shied away from fandubbing unless it's people that I know that really need a part filled.


SFX levels on the final product are toned down and even altered....since we're getting rid of the "HENSHIN" I spliced the CAST OFF and PUT ON sfx's to "CAST ON"...and I have lowered alot of the pitch levels so they're not loud.
Music wise, I found the original musical score edit I did back in the summer, but I didn't use it in this cause it was just recent...but the music levels were flawless and timed perfectly compared to this.

I'm not doubting the music sync. In this it wasn't that bad. I'm just saying that it sounded like THE VOICE OF GOD whenever the belt spoke. Most of my comments were personal gripes if anything. I'm sure you'll have it all sorted out when you go for the release.

Never heard the He-man radio play....I grew out of that show decade ago or so. However, you should know, the people who are voicing these roles ARE Kamen Rider fans, most of them were picked out from here on the boards.

I understand that as well. My comments were just personal gripes :P

As for the He-Man radio play, it's still online as a podcast but it was done by an online fanclub. You'd think that most Star Trek radio plays always manage to sound great if not better than their counterparts (*coughcoughSECTION31coughcough*) but in this case, the episodes are just as slow as the original cartoon and not a single person could act their way out of a wet paper bag. I tend to use it as an example of when using fans goes wrong >_>
 
Bravo, Bravo, BRRRRAVO!!!!!

Encore, Encore!!!!

congratulations on the trailer Hikuro, although there were some parts in the english dubs that were missing, but not too shabby, not too shabby at all.

I hope we get to see the actual fandub.
 
I'll try and do a better job for the rest of the movie voicing Tendou, but the prolem with Tendou's character is getting him to sound "Cool," while not sounding like there's no emotion whatsoever.

I'll work on it, I promise. ):
 
I'll try and do a better job for the rest of the movie voicing Tendou, but the prolem with Tendou's character is getting him to sound "Cool," while not sounding like there's no emotion whatsoever.

I'll work on it, I promise. ):

dont worry about it, you did fine, though i really needed to fix your sound since its still left channel in that clip.

good news though! After sitting down lastnight I got 98% of my dubbing software back up and running! Even snagged a few new programs to make it much easier.

Now I just need a new yamato and I can get crackin again....course hawk script script script :p
 

Latest News & Videos

Latest News

Back
Top