Kamen Rider Hibiki - Talkback

YO!

I don't think Hibiki as a Kamen Rider, but its a great show. I mean the problem is there was no rider kick or bike...I know I know he got a bike later but that bike wasn't a real Kamen Rider Bike. I really enjoyed the story and the characters, especially the bonding between them. So thats my take on it. YO! hehe
 
What makes it not a Kamen Rider bike? And to be technical, aside from Kabuto, Gatack, the Hoppers and Dark Kabuto, no other Rider has had a Rider Kick in the new set of shows.
 
What makes it not a Kamen Rider bike? And to be technical, aside from Kabuto, Gatack, the Hoppers and Dark Kabuto, no other Rider has had a Rider Kick in the new set of shows.
The reason I say its not a Kamen Rider Bike is because most Kamen Rider Bikes are dirt bikes. I am not saying it was a sweet ride though...The new Riders Began with Kuuga and have continued through Den-O while not every rider in these series has had a Rider Kick or Punch, many have. Hibiki was really the only rider without a final charge. And one ever calls them Riders they are simply called Oni. Its a good show but it doesn't follow the Kamen Rider Fomula at first, when the writer for 555 took over many changes were made to make it more like a Kamen Rider like giving Hibiki a motorcycle.
 
There have been series where the words "Kamen Rider" are never said though, and people never counted them out. I still don't know why people say it doesn't follow a formula because Kamen Rider has never really followed a set formula, not since Kuuga at least. And that bike showed up before the writer change happened.
 

When I say Formula I mean they have a kick, a bike and most are called Kamen Riders. Up until he got the bike you couldn't call him a Masked Rider because he wasn't riding anything. But to me I can see why people don't call it a Kamen Rider show but to be honest I really liked the show. I didn't start with Kamen Rider, I started with 555 and to be honest its one of my favorites next for me comes Hibiki, Den-O and then Kabuto. So honestly I am not trying to say the show is bad or that its not a good Kamen Rider Show, its just not to me a Kamen Rider.
 
Having finished this, I'll say that it was better than I thought it'd be. The characters were pretty interesting. Obviously, the most interesting dynamic was Hibiki's relationship with Asumu. Maybe it was because it was just little tidbits, but I would sometimes find myself watching the other stuff just to see the development.

While Asumu becoming an Oni could've ran the risk of being the Justin of Kamen Rider, I was a little disappointed when in the end, he ended his training. The final episode was weird, but a decent ending. The movie was a little too random and too many coincidental character similarities. It didn't really feel like it added to the series any - other than origins of Takeshi.

Overall, it was nowhere near Faiz or Blade, but it was still pretty enjoyable to watch.
 
Last edited:
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…