KAMEN RIDER FOURZE/WIZARD : MOVIE WAR ULTIMATIUM

You like Nadeshiko yet think Poitrine is "too kiddy and girly"?

Poitrine did make me want to actually watch her series, which is the first time out of of any of the "revived" past Toei heroes/villains they've tried to bring back for movies
 
Last edited:
You like Nadeshiko yet think Poitrine is "too kiddy and girly"?

By Kamen Rider standards, yes.

I don't like Nedeshiko that much either. I just like that they didn't forget she existed like all the other female riders. She also debuted in Megamax, my 2nd fav KR movie, so I like her a bit more just for that. And at least Nedeshiko is a rider. Poitrine has barely anything to do with KR. I would honestly like it better if Inazuman was switched with some kind of Agito reference too. It would fit better with the fact that Fourze is the one that introduced this new combined universe thing.

I think I may have forgotten another con i had with the movie:

- What the hell was up with those stupid sound effects they added every time Nedeshiko or Poitrine moved? We get that they're girls, why do they have to shove out it down our throats? It ruins the scenes they're in and I would like both of them better if they left that out.

Poitrine did make me want to actually watch her series, which is the first time out of of any of the "revived" past Toei heroes/villains they've tried to bring back for movies

If you liked Poitrine, then good for you. She just didn't work for me and I think the movie could be just as good, if not better, without her. I can easily do without any of these hero revivals as well.
 
I really liked the Presenters in the Fourze series and thought they were fantastic throwback to Arthur C. Clarke's 2001 so I would have really liked to see these God-like beings just appear. But that might be too grand of something to do in a winter movie.
 
Making Akumaizer 3 the main villains was lame IMO. I will watch it again subbed, maybe, to see if it makes any sense... But it is still stupid.
 
If you liked Poitrine, then good for you. She just didn't work for me and I think the movie could be just as good, if not better, without her. I can easily do without any of these hero revivals as well.

I pretty much agree on all of this. I just find it hard to see much difference between Poitrine/Nadeshiko - Poitrine feels like a really obvious attempt to copy the popularity of Nadeshiko.

The Fourze revivals really rubbed me up the wrong way, I spent the whole time thinking "can I stab these people with a broken bottle now?" The action in this movie was pretty good, the characters less so
 
I think the movie suffers because they can only give 30 minutes to each portion, which is only 6 or 7 minutes more than an actual episode, which is usually only half an arc. So everything has to be crammed in there like mad and Fourze just couldn't handle everything it was trying to do. In the OOO portion last year it was pretty straightforward with just one new character and Ankh returning so it was probably more balanced. Same with Fourze's portion.

I feel like it could have been really good had we had more time. But of course, kids movie's really can't exceed more than 90 minutes, so that's a bummer since everything is so constrained.
 
I am getting tired of the separated format of the Movie War series. I understand that the advantages is that each series gets to have their own even share of the spotlight and it opens up possibilities to extend the characters, story etc. but I really want to see a Movie War where the cast of both series interact with each other through the whole movie instead of the restricting the advertised crossover aspect to the third segment.
 
What part does the Wizard movie part take place during the series?

After Haruto had gotten the Flame, Hurricane and Water Dragons at least. IIRC, there's an episode around that time where the donut shop owner appears in one scene wearing Poitrine's mask.
 
Last edited:

Latest News & Videos

Latest News

Back
Top