Kamen Rider Drive Ep. 0 - "Countdown to Global Freeze"

I watched this directly after episode 10, which went into a bit of some of these past events and I really did expect this episode to go into those things in a bit more detail, explaining more about who Proto-Drive and Heart were, etc. It was a fun little thing for what it was, it just didn't really tell us anything we didn't already know or serve any purpose. We never even got an explanation as to why the badguys knew the term Kamen Rider, since Proto Drive refused to talk to the monsters. What was the point if not to answer those questions?

But this was just a limited bonus thing and they're saving that stuff for the actual show, which is probably for the best, but it may as well have ended with a link to pre-order the Proto Drive Figuarts. It clearly exists solely to hype up him.

Proto-drive himself was a badass. the "why should I give my name to something I'm about to destroy?" catchphrase! Kinda makes me wish we were just following him instead of shinnosuke, but oh well.

Seeing his more menacing demeanour and brutal fighting style really made me wish we could have another "tough guy" Kamen Rider, instead the young, pretty boy, goofballs we always seem to get nowadays. Oh well. It would be interesting to have a whole show based around a guy the monsters are legitimately afraid of :laugh:
 
After watching both Ep. 0 & 10. I think Proto-Drive was never human, he was a good Roidmude created by Dr. Steinbelt to battle the evil Roidmudes created by Dr. Banno who I doubt was actually killed off by his creations and he's in reality the wily mastermind behind them. Then we see the Roidmudes that Proto-Drive defeated later became weapons for Mashin Chaser. Proto-Drive wasn't so much brainwashed after he was defeated by Heart but rather he was reprogrammed by the Roidmudes. If Chase is the human form he acquired after the reprogramming that would explain why Mr. Belt doesn't recognize him despite him used to being Proto-Drive.

So if I'm right. We have robot created by a good scientist battles robots created by evil scientist and then takes their powers after defeating them. Chase/Proto-Drive/Mashin Chaser is Mega Man.
 
After watching both Ep. 0 & 10. I think Proto-Drive was never human, he was a good Roidmude created by Dr. Steinbelt to battle the evil Roidmudes created by Dr. Banno who I doubt was actually killed off by his creations and he's in reality the wily mastermind behind them. Then we see the Roidmudes that Proto-Drive defeated later became weapons for Mashin Chaser. Proto-Drive wasn't so much brainwashed after he was defeated by Heart but rather he was reprogrammed by the Roidmudes. If Chase is the human form he acquired after the reprogramming that would explain why Mr. Belt doesn't recognize him despite him used to being Proto-Drive.

So if I'm right. We have robot created by a good scientist battles robots created by evil scientist and then takes their powers after defeating them. Chase/Proto-Drive/Mashin Chaser is Mega Man.

That would explain the existence of Roidmude 000.
 

Latest News & Videos

Latest News

Back
Top