Kamen Rider Dragon Knight the Game??

Note, that previous one was for the Wii version.

This one is for the DS version (and is more or less the same with a few differences):

"There's nothing like a good fight," declares a "Kamen Rider" after he lands a finishing bonus attack on a defeated opponent. Players control these robotic humanoid fighters in one-on-one or one-on-multiple combat with alien robotic creatures from another planet, or in this case, the Kamen Rider Dragon Knight TV series. Players constantly punch, kick, and use weapons (swords, axes, spears, spiked gloves) to deplete their opponents' health meter. Explosions, slashes, and hit effects can be seen and heard throughout battle. "Advent Cards," depicted on the top half of the screen, can be unlocked to gain access to special powers and more weapons (fireball launchers, claws, a ball and chain, staves).

Both can be found on the ESRB Website if you search for Kamen Rider Dragon Knight (would you believe they still have Kamen Rider ZO show up in their databanks?).

As an aside though, "ball and chain?" I can guess what the others are but I don't see how "ball and chain" matches up with "combat yo-yo" for Hold Vent, which is the only weapon it could vaguely be referring to. Also do things like Incisor's and Thrust's (and possibly Torque's if it was thrown in there) Strike Vents really constitute as "spiked-gloves?"
 
Last edited:

Hmm... the basic fighting system seems similar to Climax Heroes. I've never actually played it myself, of course, but judging from the UI and the bits where the "Advent Field-Thing" and specials are summoned, it seems almost dead-on to be the same, or at least a similar engine. In fact, a good number of the locations shown in the trailer are directly from Climax Heroes (The Factory, The Cathedral, The Waterfall, The Bridge, The Beach and The Parking Lot to name a few) though judging from other screenshots, at least some new locations will be added.

In general, it seems like a western Climax Heroes, only with Ryuki/Dragon Knight characters as the focus, a revamped battle/special system, and an actual story/exploration mode.

Seems promising, especially since all the finishers seem to have made it intact, shame though that the Visor-Voice is a bit off from being show-accurate.

Did anyone else notice that Xaviax is actually going to be a fight-able (if not playable) character?

Also where does this come from anyway (other than Youtube)?

EDIT: More Screenshots on Gamespot!
 
Last edited:
OH MY GOD!! The gameplay looks exactly like Climax Heroes. The stages the graphics....Hell even Ryuki himself looks like it. Man I thought it would be different when the developer's name wasn't "NamcoBandai" But appreantly I was wrong. This game is just Climax Heroes Replacing all the Riders with Ryuki Riders and keeping Ryuki and the text and voice is in english and they replaced the special attack thing with the contract beasts. So I feel like if they brought Climax Heroes to the US. I'm already getting Climax Heroes. I'm not getting an American Ryuki clone sorry, no thank you.
 
Last edited:
OH MY GOD!! The gameplay looks exactly like Climax Heroes. The stages the graphics....Hell even Ryuki himself looks like it. Man I thought it would be different when the developer's name wasn't "NamcoBandai" But appreantly I was wrong. This game is just Climax Heroes Replacing all the Riders with Ryuki Riders and keeping Ryuki and the text and voice is in english and they replaced the special attack thing with the contract beasts. So I feel like if they brought Climax Heroes to the US. I'm already getting Climax Heroes. I'm not getting an American Ryuki clone sorry, no thank you.

On the bright side...the fighting is only half of the game

There's also the beat'em up part, which looks pretty interesting.
 

Latest News & Videos

Latest News

Back
Top