Kamen Rider Dragon Knight the Game??

i got some info.
So Far this is all I know

1) It's a fighting game developed by Eighting (Eighting has a reputation of releasing well recived Japanese related fighitng games for Nintendo Consoles: Naruto, Tatsunoko vs Capcom etc.)
2) There will be a different version out for the DS.
3) There is a rumored milled about the Wii version having online play.
That's it.
 
That's most likely what it's gonna turn out as. Just the PSX Ryuki game with updated graphics, and Dragon Knight voices/effects.

I wouldn't be so sure about that.


http://www.d3publisher.us/ProductDetails.asp?ProductID=100
 
Hey D3, how 'bout some gameplay footage for once? Picture, video, or whatever, I wanna see what the game looks like. The game's release is 2 months away, so we should get at least SOMETHING to see other than the front cover.
 
At last, there's some pictures from the game on Gamespot. Credit to goes to Dr. Tristan for pointing this out.

On one hand, it looks semi-decent, I'm quite suprised to see "Return Vent" being a useable card as it was never used in Ryuki other than for the toys (supposedly it belonged to Axe/Tiger).

On the other hand, the quality in some places looks very low-res, at least texture wise, and the scene with Dragon Knight's "Final Vent" is a bit.... odd.

It would appear to be a recreation of the setting from Episode 1 (Ryuki footage/Outside what I think is the Tokyo Dome) and it seems a little mixed up: there is notable Japanese text on some of the signs and it seems confused as to whether mirror the text (like in Ryuki, seen on the left of the picture in the background) or remain in regular direction (as often seen in Dragon Knight, seen on the right side of the picture). My guess is the creators of the game used Ryuki footage to create the backdrops and didn't really compare it to the Dragon Knight alterations in the episode the level is likely based on.

Course, it could still look better in action or these could be early test shots, so we'll have to wait and see if it improves any.

My only question is why neither Rider seem to have "Attack Vents"/"Advents" in their inventories and yet, bizzarely enough, both have "Confine Vents", which was only used by Thrust/Gai.
 
Last edited:
From a graphical standpoint, the Wii version could do a lot better. I didn't expect it to be on par with games The Conduit, Metroid Prime 3, and Super Smash Bros. Brawl since it's a game based on a Saturday morning show that isn't super popular, but to be quite honest, it looks like a Dreamcast/early PS2 game. It should've been at least up to GameCube standards.

Gameplay wise, I'm in for it. Nice to see that it's a step-up from the Ryuki game with both fighting game and beat 'em up elements. I hope there's a story mode.

After all, gameplay and story are more important than graphics.
 
So.....not much news.

-It's not much but a recently posted article from Kotaku contains a small snippet of the ESRB game ratings summary for Kamen Rider Dragon Knight.


I do wish some people would do some research or at least make their minds up as to which extreme (Power Rangers-Spandex or Robotic Androids) Dragon Knight falls under.
 
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…