Kamen Rider Dragon Knight - "Search for the Dragon" Talk Up!

And some people can take other folks DISAGREEING with the majority. How about you folks stop generalizing? It's dumb.

I like new stuff all the time, this just didn't blow me away like the HYPE pushed it to be that's all. And I'm sorry, but I like talking about an episode on its own merits, the good and bad. Did I miss the part about friggin "discussion"?

And in terms of foster care, the good foster homes have helped the kids grow up and transition well into society as they get older, not just throw them on the street. Yes, there are homes that do such, but in terms of this particular episode, it looked as if the lady took good care of the kids. So it was still OFF that she's like, "Hey! It's your birthday! Peace out!"

Again, another better way to get him kicked out would be to have her kick him out for stealing way too much. I think that's where they were going, but again the scene looked too short and looked as if it were edited to death to fit time.

That's all I've been saying. Either have the mom be more mean when she was kicking him out (ie. just emote more) or have Kit shipped out for another reason.

It's not unreasonable to talk about one of the opening scenes because it set up the show. I liked the scene with Kit and his dad. I thought that was neat. The crap at the foster home wasn't so great because it fell flat (except for when Kit returned the picture frame). And that's how the whole episode went: some scenes were cool, and some scenes fell very flat.

That's it.
 
Umm... Yes they do. Once you hit 18 they have no legal rights to keep you, and they have you leave. I am not sure what you are talking about when you say they don't throw you out. They do. This is fact.

A foster home does what they can to set you up where you move on, to your own accomodation or sharing with other adults/ young people. And they'll send a social worker to check on you after some time (here at least).

Like I said, everything was all over the place and the pace was too fast. It was more focused on ACTION ACTION ACTION rather then developing characters.

It's similar with Ryuki and a lot of series like this (KR or otherwise). Proportionally the first episode of Ryuki was similar too. You know next to nothing about Len, you get introduced to the lead and his motivations, the cute reporter chick is introduced, the older aunt character pops in. Except Kit has an annoying American guy personality rather than Shinji's annoying Japanese guy personality.
 
Sorry, I like some development and not random scenes. :thumbs:

So I guess you hated Ryuki's first episode. The went with the same formula, difference is DK has a 2 parter when Ryuki didn't. Again, many people have said after Episode 4 it picks up steam.
 
Just as a general note to everyone in this thread:

It is perfectly acceptable to like an episode and still find fault in it. Just because someone doesn't like parts of an episode doesn't mean they're "nitpicking."
 
Yes but making judgement like If it was the whole episode when we only saw half.

I agree somethings needed work but I won't say anything until I see the next episode.
 
Um,we did see the whole episode. It was, essentially, Part 1. I think it's quite fair to talk about Part 1 in its own entity. I don't have to wait for Part 2 to see if I liked Part 1. If Part 2 is better, then I'lll say so.
 
My point is Part 1's of first episodes aren't gonna be spectacular as people expect. I think people want to much out of KRDK right now.
 
Meh. I didn't come in with any expectations, and I still thought it had some problems. I didn't think it was awful, either, like I said. Besides, what's the point of a discussion thread with no discussion? If everyone was just fangasming over the episode, or shutting up if they didn't think it was awesome, then this thread would be two pages long.
 
It's not expecting too much with a few tweaks here and there. Fundado (I think that's the member's name) said a lot of things quite well as well, mainly about the cinematography. And the reason why we bring these things up is because we're all a bit older and can notice nuances in things than when we were teens/pre-teens and such.

If some of the shots were framed (and colored) differently, if the direction to some of the secondary actors were a bit different, if the ADR was tightened up...then it would have been a better first half. That's not asking for too much. I'm not asking for Heroes now, lol.
 

Latest News & Videos

Latest News

Back
Top