Kamen Rider Black Talkback - May be spoilers

  • Thread starter Thread starter Dr Kain
  • Start date Start date
EDIT: I found their site, and they don't use torrents, so it is going to take me weeks to download the entire series.

They do. :P

If you go to "downloads" on CK's site, there should be four options marked: "Mediafire", "Sendspace", "Torrents" and "Veoh".

With that said, ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm, is does anyone else want to talk about the show?

I'd love to but, I need to burn my last dvd-r for it (and knock Hibiki off) before I can sit down and watch it all.
 
All I see is MediaFire as my download option.

Ironic that I spent the last week watching this show and it turns out it was subbed all of this time. Arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgh.

Oh well, I'll either just rewatch my top favorite episodes or I'll just watch the parts that I could not fully follow.
 
Have they done RX too? Because I just downloaded the entire series raw and am going to start watching that tomorrow. I have never seen that show before.

No, RX isn't subbed and no groups has shown any interest in doing it yet.
 
I changed my mind and decided to get on Kamen Driver Black RX tonight and watched the first five episodes. Oh boy, where to start?

First, how did Kotaro go from this:

kamen+rider+black_henshin.avif

to this:

kotarojacket.jpg


I mean seriously, his fashion sense went from badass to fairy in an episode.

Secondly, uh... why are there aliens in a Kamen Rider show? Or rather, why are none of the monsters based off of earthly creatures?

I swear that being dead for whatever amount of time must have had an effect on his brain, because Kotaro is an idiot in this series. Not to mention he is just living with some random family without any explanation (at least, I did not catch one) and he is always around the same damn annoying kids.

It seems like this show was going to be a whole different series, but then Toei couldn't afford it so they just made it a Kamen Rider show and put Kotaro in it so they would not have to hire a new actor, but forgot to rewrite the character in the process. Oh, except for resurrecting Battle Hopper, making his sacrifice in the episode before pointless. Which even that seems to have been pointless as well since now Kotaro has made his version of Kitt. And where is Road Sector???

This show is a mess. It took everything that was great about Black and just spat all over it. I really hope it gets better because the next 42 episodes are going to be painful if it doesn't.

On the positive side, I like Bosgun's design.
 
Yeah, I always felt like RX was going to be its own show entirely and someone at Toei at the last minute had the idea to squeeze Kurata's Minami character into it after Black's success. (Or maybe to cover up what little RX had going for it.)

As if ignoring a majority of what happened in Black and altering his personality wasn't enough, the show just feels like bad Metal Hero to me. Alien villains are out of place, like you said, and just look at his power-ups and arsenal. It's like someone at Toei was disappointed by Jiraiya and Jiban's lack of Metal Hero-ness and decided to make Uchuu Keiji Rider.
 
Yeah, I always felt like RX was going to be its own show entirely and someone at Toei at the last minute had the idea to squeeze Kurata's Minami character into it after Black's success. (Or maybe to cover up what little RX had going for it.)

As if ignoring a majority of what happened in Black and altering his personality wasn't enough, the show just feels like bad Metal Hero to me. Alien villains are out of place, like you said, and just look at his power-ups and arsenal. It's like someone at Toei was disappointed by Jiraiya and Jiban's lack of Metal Hero-ness and decided to make Uchuu Keiji Rider.

Was Black a success? I mean, it seems odd that if it was that successful that the Rider series would have suddenly stopped after RX even if RX was horrible.
 
Was Black a success? I mean, it seems odd that if it was that successful that the Rider series would have suddenly stopped after RX even if RX was horrible.

Black was pretty popular, and it launched Kurata, who was in demand for a while. (And probably why Toei wanted to hang onto him for another year.) Most people think that it was a creative decision on Ishinomori's part to kind of put the franchise on ice after RX disappointed.
 
Personally, I don't think Kotaro's character is that off. You could see him being playful in the few scenes of Black that focused on his daily life rather than running after Gorgom. The big difference with RX is that side receiving a much bigger focus.

As far as the fmaily goes, it's just very briefly mentioned that they found when he was down adn took him in, helping him recover. Anyway, at least Black RX doesn't suffer from Black's odd story structure, where some important event happens but in the next week there's an unrelated episodic story and that continues for a while. You'll get a big story arc right around episode 10

On the other hand, even disregarding the connections to Black, Black RX's story has a big contradiction in the second half that really bothered me when I rewatched the series recently.

Was Black a success? I mean, it seems odd that if it was that successful that the Rider series would have suddenly stopped after RX even if RX was horrible.

Both Black and RX were successful commercially and ratings-wise. I'd guess Toei gave a rest to the Rider series because they already had two other annual toku shows going on at the time, so they chose to focus on their own franchises, rather than one they didn't own completely. Still, the actual reason for a follow up to RX has never really been officialy revealed.
 
Last edited:
As if ignoring a majority of what happened in Black and altering his personality wasn't enough, the show just feels like bad Metal Hero to me. Alien villains are out of place, like you said, and just look at his power-ups and arsenal. It's like someone at Toei was disappointed by Jiraiya and Jiban's lack of Metal Hero-ness and decided to make Uchuu Keiji Rider.

Weren't the Galaxy King in Skyrider and Super-1's Telemacro aliens too though? And I'd say Biorider, as opposed to Roborider, could still pass for a "Showa-esque" Rider, while Roborider does look pretty metallic. Nevertheless, I didn't mind the forms. I didn't even mind the car, save for its design. My only gripe is that Road Sector was forgotten and Acrobatta got two pointless form changes.

On the other hand, even disregarding the connections to Black, Black RX's story has a big contradiction in the second half that really bothered me when I rewatched the series recently.

What was that? It's been years since I have seen RX, but I don't recall anything like that.
 

Latest News & Videos

Latest News

Back
Top