Juuken Sentai Gekiranger - Talk Up! [Spoilers]

I don't see it being completely impossible, there have been writers or directors in Hollywood who speak negatively about a project they're working on, but still accept the gig to either make it their own, different vision, warp it, or simply just to work. But I don't think what she said was anything as bad as "Ugh, tokusatsu, I'm above that," but that she didn't feel like much of anything new could be done with it -- that could even just be sugar coating the fact that Toei isn't brave enough to go in new directions and she feels restrained. :shrug: She at least seems to understand that sentai needs strong villains, which have been lacking in the '00 sentai series, so that's probably why the major focus on them.
I don't think it's impossible, but I just don't think it's something someone in that position should say. I think that if you go into a project thinking you're above(don't think that's the situation here though) or that nothing new can be done, you won't be able to put your best foot forward and give the show everything you have. But, like you said, those comments could probably be due to Toei being so restricting lately, then I guess she could still try her best, but still feel that nothing new can be done with the way Toei runs things.


I don't know, I think that could have helped people accept Jan more -- we only saw his jungle surroundings for three minutes in the first episode. If they spent more time on that or showed some more of how he came to be, I think some viewers could possibly understand and take his antics more. Instead, I think they're trying to be too mysterious with the possible(?) connection to Rio's past.
Well I'm just going on the fact that a lot of people seem to hate Jan because he isn't "serious" like Akashi was and that showing him off as more of a wildboy than he already seems to be would annoy people, despite what it does for his character.

I still think Geki has room for improvement, though -- episodes like 15, which was a nice episode, show how good it can be when actually about characters and not the usual episodes about nothing other than unconvincing training sequences. There's a few episodes that show what Geki can really be and I hope the second half improves upon it (I'm in fear of the 'new-hero downfall', which I think always harms tokusatsu shows than ever helps them, so that could make it turn for the worst like Dekaranger or Boukenger). I really hate the idea of the new hero coming in when our three heroes still need some work...
I still have hope for the series because, despite all the new stuff coming down the pipe, most of it seems to be tied into the character's development or a lot of it might come later on in the series. I think GekiViolet's actor not being at the press show for the movie is a bid indication that he might show up later on in the series than the average extra hero does.

Geki isn't a perfect series by any means, but by this time last year, I was ready to give up on Boukenger. Its faults aside, I think Gekiranger is doing more with its concept in these 16 episodes than Boukenger did in its entire run(heck, I think even its Power Ranger counterpart is doing better with the team actually traveling around the world).
 
Last edited:
Random tidbit of story from a magazine scan. Apparently all the Kensei were once human, used forbidden techniques to seal the Kenma and that somehow caused their form to change.
 
You know, I do think that more characterization and development can be done for our heroes, but I am very happy with how the show is doing. It is something that has kept my interest... and I'm really hoping it will be a series I finish. The only sentai I've finished has been Dekaranger, and that was forcing it. At the moment, if things progress as they have been, I'll gladly continue. :anime:

And I was really amazed with the latest episode. Like, I'm speechless. Normally, I don't really have an idea of what I want to happen in these shows, but... as soon as Kata flew off, and wasn't like, killed... I knew I would love a showdown of the all the kenma and kensei. Forget that vow of not fighting. :laugh:
 
Episode 16 was yet another fantastic Gekiranger ep. So it looks as though both Rio & Mele together will be in training. The revelation of Shafu's Human past was pretty awesome too.

They said there were 4 Kensei & 1 Kenma left still so,

Shafu = GekiTohja (3 Gekijuu)
Elephan = GekiElephant
Bat Lee = GekiBat
Shark = GekiShark
The final 3 = Gorilla, Penguin, Gazella for GEKIFIRE & the Super Gekiranger upgrades.
 
I don't think there's going to be a Wolf Kensei, at least not in the most traditional sense. If he has a master, it will probably from a different school, or, for all we know, he could be a master himself, that would be pretty cool.
 
You know i really love Geki. No season since Magi has hooked me like Geki has. The villians oh god do i love the villians Mele has become my favorite villianess by far and Rio is great all around as this last episode showed me even more so.

I love the rangers episcally Jan and yes i do wish Ran and Retsu had a bit more feeling to them as Jan does but i still love them anyways. (I dont think those gifts were from a female for Retsu :P ). I always get hyped to see a new episode of Geki and i LOVE that feeling that is the feeling i used to get with Power rangers way back then and it feels great getting that again.
 
Ryoutarou: No, Fist Saints are all of the Gekijuuken. Plus it makes sense as all of Sha Fuu's students are cat-themed, so GekiViolet would have a different master.

But, somehow, I think that soon or later, there's gonna be a new villian that forces the two schools to bury the hachet.
 

Latest News & Videos

Latest News

Back
Top