Japanese box sets in Thailand stupid cheap

Tom Constantine

Chief HJU News Editor
]I saw these a couple of weeks ago, but not been able to post a thread with pictures in it, until now.

Saw lots of these box sets surfing around some malls in Bangkok (where I've moved too now). Seen lots of piracy and things (and bought some freaking cool Sentai/Ultraman t-shirts) so was slightly unsure of the quality. They are listed as being in both Japanese and Thai, but you can never trust these things. Today, I went down and bought one...





Every single episode on 10 DVDs, both in perfect DVD Japanese/Thai quality. Very real. Guess how much?
















£10($15)

Yeah,. 'bout half the price of one regular Japanese DVD. And these weren't the only one there, snapped a few, but there was even more.













All pretty much the same price, depending on series length. Even the Kamen Rider set was only about £21. There was also Jetman, SkyRider, Black and Garo.

Has anyone even seen or heard of these sets and their quality? I thought I was relatively clued up on this stuff, but this news to me.
I'm now kicking back and watching some sweet Stronger action.
 
Last edited:
....£10....on a stronger boxset O_O damn man, I haven't heard a deal that good since I got the ultraman boxset for £4.
 
I'm going in May~Just nice bump into SNSD concert...i hope the freaking fangirls and boys don't affect my trip there>:(
 
Just to point out, these aren't Rehion 2 sets, they are (from what I can tell) official Region 3 sets. I didn't get these on sale, these are the asking prices for them...
 
Thailand, Malaysia and Singapore are known for selling cheap DVD boxsets. :D

That's because they're all pirated copies.

Mind you, the boxset containers are of a good enough quality that many people think that they're official, however they're still pirated copies.
 
Yup, crazy cheap them thailand ones are(hell the Ryuki Movie I bought years ago was like less than $10). I think I'll be grabing some once I got to Thailand this summer. And yea, Like JFC said, most are pirated copies unfortunately. Still good quality if you get the right ones.
 
thailand is cheap in general for buying stuff...what do you expect from a country you can get a prostitute for $5....:laugh:

just make sure the prostitute is 100% female...:laugh:
 

Latest News & Videos

Latest News

Back
Top