It's a sad comment on our society when one can't help an injured child

Mikazuki

Banned
Today me eldest daughter had a private music lesson at her school so I dropped her and her younger sister off and went to run errands before going back to pick them up.

On my way back I decided to stop at the gas station and buy a pop. There were three boys and one of the boys was crying and crying. His friend asked him what was wrong but the boy didn't answer. He was clutching his chest and coughing as well as crying. At first I thought the boy lost his money then as I continued to watch I thought maybe he was having an asthma attack.

The clerk asked him what was wrong and asked his friend but the friend shrugged and no one really gave a damn. I continued to watch the boy because he wasn't acting normally, as a young teenage boy should and teenage boys don't cry in public just because. He staggered outside and I followed and put my hand on his shoulder and began to rub his back to calm him down (works for my kids).

A few minutes later he was calm down enough to tell me his age and his name and that he hit his chest on the bike handles before he flipped over the bike. He lifted his shirt and his sternum was indented. I asked him if it was always like that and he said no. He continued to cough and gasp for air as well as crying.

I continued to talk to him and found out he's 13 and is in the same grade as my daughter so I asked him if he attended the same school (or the other one which was closest to the gas station). I found out he does attend the same school as my daughter so I asked him if he knew her and he does. Once I told her that I was her mother he calmed down even more and trusted me since he now knew that I wasn't some random weirdo trying to snatch him.

I told him I was on my way to the school to pick her and her sister up and had their other sister in the car with me and if he wanted I would take him home. He said no and said he'd ride his bike. His two friends were still with him. I was reluctant to just let him go because he was not acting normally and still staggering.

He got on his bike and began to ride off then suddenly dropped the bike and began to stagger off down the street. I went after him and brought him back to the parking lot and had him sit in the grassy area while I called 911.

The paramedics came and looked at his chest and said it would be best if they transported him because it looked like he broke the sternum and could have possibly punctured his lung by the way he was acting and possibly had a head injury due to his staggering and not being very clear.

By this time one of the two friends left and I was able to get his address off the other boy and took his bike home.

What pissed me off the most was that I was the only person who cared to see if this boy was hurt. Boys his age will not cry in public unless they're hurt (or completely spoiled) and he was not walking normally. Even his friends didn't really seem to care and were content to leave him behind and go off on their bikes.

When I got to his house the mother wasn't home, she was working, and the guy who lives with them (her boarder) didn't give a damn. "Oh I'm not his father, I just rent a room here" which I knew because his parents are divorced. I told him, "Yes, I know how ever you're the adult who lives here and who can continue to try and reach his mother. You know where she works and her phone number to contact her." My god! Show some fucking compassion! This is the child of the woman who you rent a room from. WTF do you think she would do if she knew that he knew something bad happened and didn't contact her!

So right now he's probably still in the hospital under observation because of his injuries. Poor boy. My big mouth daughter already informed six of their classmates and friends who probably in turn already contacted other friends to gossip about it.

Can you imagine what would have happened to him if I just decided to mind my own business? He could have collapsed (which he was close to doing) far from the gas station where no one would stop to help him or worse, if he has a head injury and it wasn't treated could have easily died from it.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, very sad indeed that some people won't lift a finger to help someone in need. You're a good person. You may have saved that boy's life.
 
Did you hear about the guy got hit by a car on was on the road and no one cared?

This world is screwed up sometimes.
 
You're a very caring person to go help out that boy. Sort of reminds me of when I was at the pool Monday and I swam to the part of the pool that was really deep. Almost drowned.

My friends were around me but they didn't really care except David. Told me to grab his hand and he pulled me back to the not so deeper waters. Felt angry at my other friends but decided not to say anything.

While I read your post it reminded me of that time. Hope that boy is alright.
 
if I had a kid who was hurt like that, I hope there would be someone like you to help. That's a sad story, but you are a good person for sticking with him like that.

I remember when I worked at the video store, there was this girl who got into a car accident. She was going straight, and this older rich lady turned and hit her. The older lady did not have her turn signal on. The front of the store is all windows, so I saw the whole thing. The girl came in crying, it was just a fender bender, but she had just got her license, and she was scared. I talked to her for a little while, tried to calm her down. Then the older lady (when I say older, I mean mid-40s, not someones grandma) came in, and launched into this tirade about kids driving, and how she was going to sue the girl and get all her money she put away for college.

Finally I told the lady off, and said that she wasn't going to talk to another customer like that in my store. She asked what business was it of mine, and I said that I saw she didnt have her turn signal on, and that I would happily testify. Then I told her to leave, and she did.

I know it's not a medical thing, but still, this woman was cruel and used to getting her own way. No one should be lambasted like that. Sometimes I wonder what makes people lash out at their fellow man like that.
 
Did you hear about the guy got hit by a car on was on the road and no one cared?
Yes. That completely pissed me off. It's not hard to go help the man regardless if he was bleeding or not. That reminds me of an incident that happened when I was like 16 or 17.

I lived at the top of a very steep hill. There are three main roads going up this hill and the one by where I lived was the steepest and most dangerous, at the time. There were no sidewalks, no light poles and in the dark you couldn't see anything as you came down the hill.

Apparently someone either hit this old man on his bike near the bottom or he hit a pothole and fell. Either way he was spawled on the ground with a bad head injury. I saw him, turned my car around and stopped to help. This was YEARS before cell phones were popular, they were around but only the very rich had them. So I left my car lights on to shine onto the guy to keep someone from hitting him and ran to a house and pounded on the door to get them to call for help.

The woman there called 911 and gave me a blanket to cover the man up with. I, being a teenager, was the ONLY person to help this guy until a few minutes before the ambulance showed up. Cars passed by but no one else stopped.

It was pitch black that night however my car lights was on this guy so people did slow down to watch but continued on. It just irritates me that few people will help someone else out if hurt.

Another incident happened years after that where a woman collapsed across the street from my mother's salon and died. No one wanted to help her and by the time I saw her and called 911 it was too late, she was long dead and starting to get rigamortis. She died of a heart attack and dropped to the ground with people driving by or walking by but not stopping to help.

I maybe a cold hearted bitch but I will never turn my back on someone who is hurt regardless of what they look like.
 
Thankfully, there's people like you Mika, who are willingly help someone when their hurt or injured. I think most people don't help because their either afraid of being part of what happened or they just don't care. This world is very careless nowadays.
 

Latest News & Videos

Latest News

Back
Top