I'm getting free manga from Tokyopop!

I recently won a quiz in a competition run by TokyoPop at a event in Liverpool a couple of weeks ago where the prize was a DS Lite and a copy of Children of Mana and I began to get worried as it hadn't arrived so I decided to try and email Tokyopop's UK office to find out what happened but there were no contact details available so I got in touch with their US office via their webmaster who got in touch with Andrew from TokyoPop UK who I'd met at last October's MCM Expo and who actually remembered me from that event and he apologised in a email for what had happened and basically said that Nintendo hadn't sent him the prize pack so as soon as it arrives, it'll be sent out and I'll be getting some free Tokyopop manga as a way of apology for the delay...

In any case, I've already emailed him to tell him that it's not TokyoPop's fault about the delay and that these things happen, in fact I also asked him if it was possible if he could also try and get the autograph of my favorite OEL Manga creator who works for Tokyopop; Svetlana Chmarkova who created "Dramacon".

So I guess it's a win-win situation for me in that not only do I get a kick-ass games machine as a prize but I also get some free manga as a result of a delay from Nintendo [which doesn't surprise me at all considering how they treat us Europeans!:laugh:]
 
Last edited by a moderator:
What can I say, my luck's just getting better and better by the week... Heck, I even flirted with a cute waitress at a Chinese restaurant in Liverpool without realising it on Tuesday as I thought I was eating sweet and sour pork properly out of a bowl with egg fried rice in it but it turned out that I wasn't and she even came over and showed me how to do it...:anime:
 

Latest News & Videos

Latest News

Back
Top