I'm a Xbox 360 n00b......need help for WiFi on 360

Unfortunately, much like the proprietary hard drives they force you to pay more than 4x the actual value for, there are no other options to get a 360 online via wi-fi. It's actually less expensive in a lot of cases just to run a cable from your router to whatever room you need to set up the 360 in.


Problem with my set up is that my 360 and router are in two totally different rooms, I'd have to somehow get a pretty long cable to do so.
 
Unfortunately, much like the proprietary hard drives they force you to pay more than 4x the actual value for, there are no other options to get a 360 online via wi-fi. It's actually less expensive in a lot of cases just to run a cable from your router to whatever room you need to set up the 360 in.

That was one of my options........but apparently the actual modem for which my internet runs through is several feet (and rooms) away from where my 360 is located. More specifically, DSL modem upstairs and 360 downstairs :disappoin. Primary reason for this is that I don't have any TVs upstairs that are compatible with the 360 (yes, we got very OLD SCHOOL TVs upstairs), not to mention I enjoy my HD quality from my 360 games thank you very much :thumbs:

It'd be an utter pain to have a long ass ethernet cord to run up and down the stairs of my house. Not to mention I don't have the money to buy my own individual LCD monitor (and 360 adapter cords for a small LCD monitor) to put upstairs to plug my 360 in so it can be next to the modem.

Oh the circumstances I'm stuck with.......damn Microsoft and their high price tags (I knew I should have sucked in my pride and waiting to have enough cash for a PS3 Slim)

On a side note: My 360 bundle package did include a 20 GB hard drive already installed and I got 2 free controllers instead of the standard 1 controller for every console hehe........Gamestop FTW
 
Problem with my set up is that my 360 and router are in two totally different rooms, I'd have to somehow get a pretty long cable to do so.

When i was renovating last year (making master bedroom and office bigger, getting rid of a storage closet between them) I just ran data lines in each room while i had the walls open... and yet i still use wi-fi if it's available. But yeah, MSs refusal to add built in wi-fi (despite redoing the inner workings of the 360 already for the current model) sucks.
 
That was one of my options........but apparently the actual modem for which my internet runs through is several feet (and rooms) away from where my 360 is located. More specifically, DSL modem upstairs and 360 downstairs :disappoin. Primary reason for this is that I don't have any TVs upstairs that are compatible with the 360 (yes, we got very OLD SCHOOL TVs upstairs), not to mention I enjoy my HD quality from my 360 games thank you very much :thumbs:

It'd be an utter pain to have a long ass ethernet cord to run up and down the stairs of my house. Not to mention I don't have the money to buy my own individual LCD monitor (and 360 adapter cords for a small LCD monitor) to put upstairs to plug my 360 in so it can be next to the modem.

Oh the circumstances I'm stuck with.......damn Microsoft and their high price tags (I knew I should have sucked in my pride and waiting to have enough cash for a PS3 Slim)

On a side note: My 360 bundle package did include a 20 GB hard drive already installed and I got 2 free controllers instead of the standard 1 controller for every console hehe........Gamestop FTW

Is moving the modem an option? You can get a wireless network card for your PC for under $20 Put the modem closer to the machine, and use a wireless card for your pc.
 
Last edited:
$60 for a year of Xbox Live is not so bad considering its a very reliable service.

At least it's $60 for a year.........and not paying that amount about every 2-3 months. The $30 cards are the annoying culprits of that one
 
Optionally, depending on your PC monitor, you could hook your 360 up to it and output the audio to speakers. For the longest time, before i got my current set up, I used to output my consoles to my old 2 speaker cd player/radio. You can get decent sound out of them too.
 
Optionally, depending on your PC monitor, you could hook your 360 up to it and output the audio to speakers. For the longest time, before i got my current set up, I used to output my consoles to my old 2 speaker cd player/radio. You can get decent sound out of them too.

I'm currently looking into that option as well.......thinking about buying this cheap LCD monitor that has built-in speakers. Not to mention, the VGA cable for the 360 are cheap as **** as well, so getting that cable to connect my 360 to this cheap LCD monitor that I might get will also makes this another option to fall back on as well.

Considering with this plan, I'll be able to move my 360 to location where I'm either near the modem to make a direct connection with my 360 OR near one of the 2 PCs that are upstairs so I can be able to share the internet connection of that PC with my 360.
 
Update: Mission motherfucking Complete, I folded and bought the $99+ WiFi adapter, and now I am a proud member of Xbox Live :buttrock:

I ain't gonna lie though, installing the new WiFi N adapter for the 360 was a bitch from the start......depending on whether your 360 console is able to activate the update on the installation CD that comes with the adapter. If the install CD doesn't activate the update AND the WiFi adapter doesn't work, you have to hard-wire connection the 360 to Xbox Live in order to get the update from Xbox Live itself. Thankfully, my friend helped me out by connecting my 360 to his laptop, where I shared his WiFi internet connection to acquire the update for my 360.

Now I have a WiFi connection for my 360, and I have 1 month to buy a Gold member subscription card before this free 1 month Gold subscription expires. Which is not a problem at all.......$50 for one year seems like a cheap deal for me :thumbs:
 

Latest News & Videos

Latest News

Back
Top