How to play other region games for PS3 and PSP

^Not a problem for me, my Wii is modded. But, yeah, what I don't understand is if Sony makes their system region free...why can't Nintendo and Microsoft?
 
^What he said. God I hate Nintendo, they had to make updates on that stuff for the Wii. >:( >:( >:( I can't even play GNT4.

You can if you buy a Region 2 Wii or simply homebrew it so you can still play burned or R2 games without updating :rolleyes2:

Also with Sony over the years they have become all about User Created content now, i.e. PS3 and PSP are the two best consoles of the current gen for homebrew and currently the most popular. By being region free I guess it somehow makes homebrew content more easier. And by some of the recent games on the PS3 like UT3, they promote User created or homebrew content. Hell just look at E3 with stuff like Little Big Planet.

All and all just wait a year for a Magic Swap for the Wii and 360 to come out it'll make things much easier
 
They aren't encoded for specific regions. Any PlayStation 3 can play PS3 games from any region, so long as your TV supports it; however it can only play PS2 (if it supports) and PS1 games from the region it's from. Any PSP can play PSP games from any region. Any DS can play DS games from any region. The only difference is languages (PAL releases come with European languages etc, occasional censorship, or region-locked online play).
 
You can if you buy a Region 2 Wii or simply homebrew it so you can still play burned or R2 games without updating :rolleyes2:
:rolleyes2: Don't need to, I still kept my GCN, and got a Action Replay that has a Freeloader. Plus, I'd hate to use Paypal to buy the stuff for the homebrewing thing. And theres no region free app that'll work with GCN titles, I've done the research, and experimented. Theres just a Wii Region Free App. So you could say I'm waiting for one that works with Wii and GCN. Also, who'd want to spend $300, just to play 1 game? If someone imports a crap load of titles, they'll need one, but not me.
 
Last edited:

Latest News & Videos

Latest News

Back
Top