How do you deal with fake antivirus, hmm?

About twenty minutes ago, my VLC media player has crashed, but not really bad. Then out of nowhere once again! Fake antivirus has determined that VLC media player is indeed a bad virus, that it needs to be blocked or removed.

That pisses me off to no end. I'm waiting very patiently as brand new antivirus program that I ordered last week. It's three long years, for your information.

So! Here's my sharp question: How do you deal with that annoying fake antivirus program?? :sly:

My new antivirus CD should be arrived by next week or so. It will be for a while before I destroy that fake antivirus completely.
 
Huh?

I'm downloading lots of anime shows this evening. There were no antivirus as of this hour. It's fake antivirus that got me pissed off.
 
1. Restart your computer into Safe Mode with Networking
2. Go online
3. Download and install MalwareBytes Anti-Malware (MBAM)
4. Run a Quick Scan
5. Restart your computer again

That should do it. MBAM is designed to pick up on rogue antivirus programs, which other programs can't do.
 
You might want to restore it back to a pretty early date. Those programs can lay dormant for days and then pop up when you least expect.
 

Latest News & Videos

Latest News

Back
Top