House of Fury

It's not bad, but it's the kind of film I probably wouldn't watch more than once. Considering it was only Stephen Fung's second real film, it's as good or better than can be expected on that kind of level, but it's still pretty stupid overall. There's a lot of really dumb humor and the story muddlefucks itself into oblivion. In all, it's really a "popstar" kind of movie (like most HK action films of late) with some pretty good fight scenes here and there.
 
:laugh:

I bought a bootleg copy of it last August while on a trip with some friends (I know it's a bootleg because it only cost me 5 bucks). Thing is...I STILL HAVEN'T WATCHED IT YET! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
 
It was fair. It wasn't spectacular or anythin', but Stephen Fung wanted to do this movie because he wanted to remind everyone of the good ol' days of HK action movies such as the 70's and 80's. I think it's pretty safe to say that the golden age of HK action movies died back in the late 80's/early 90's...

The plot tries to pull of complexity, but just can't. What Stephen Fung should've focused on was building up the characters and story (but not overdoing it) and then tell the rest of the story through the fights. It just seems like the story was killing time for most of the movie. There's good fights, it's just that there wasn't enough of em' and they weren't long enough or just intertwined with other fights rather than being stand alone scenes.

But in the end, just check it out for youself and decide. Don't listen to my film student babble and just enjoy the movie.:thumbs:
 

Latest News & Videos

Latest News

Back
Top