Mr. Underachiever
Is not impressed right now...
You know... I'm all for helping out those less fortunate, but the way a lot of homeless people act really pisses me off.
On Friday, I came out of the mall after buying some earbuds, and a homeless guy comes up to me. He's talking about how he and his wife need $15 to get into some program that gives them a place to stay and help them get jobs and stuff, and all he needs is three more dollars. It sounds iffy in hindsight, but at the time, it didn't sound too ridiculous, so even if he WERE lying, I almost wanted to help him out for coming up with such a good lie. But I don't have any cash on me (I paid for the earbuds with my debit card). So I go into the car and look around, and I tell him all I have is pennies. And maybe I'm exaggerating or remembering this wrong, but he seemed to get an attitude with me. He just gives me the :redface2: and keeps on walking. Like, damn. I don't get a "Thanks anyway" or a "Have a good day"? I mean, even if he thought I was lying--and I actually wasn't--I'm just thinking, you know, dude, I don't HAVE to give you anything, and with an attitude like that, why would I want to?
And one time a little over a year ago, I came out of a Toys R Us (in the same area, no less) after buying some of the RPM toys, and another homeless guy comes up to me in the car, scaring the **** out of me while I'm looking at the toys, asking me for some change. I happened to have a container of change on me, so I took some out and gave some to him. But I guess he saw that I had more, so he's like, "Can you pour the rest in my hand?" And I don't have the heart to tell him to **** off, so I do it, but it annoyed me because I needed that change. And it's weird, too--if I were older, I could understand getting hit up like this, but I'm a college student--I really don't have that much money (ignoring the fact that in the second story, I spent, like $50 on some toys).
The next time a homeless person hits me up for money, I'm gonna act like I don't speak English. :redface2:
On Friday, I came out of the mall after buying some earbuds, and a homeless guy comes up to me. He's talking about how he and his wife need $15 to get into some program that gives them a place to stay and help them get jobs and stuff, and all he needs is three more dollars. It sounds iffy in hindsight, but at the time, it didn't sound too ridiculous, so even if he WERE lying, I almost wanted to help him out for coming up with such a good lie. But I don't have any cash on me (I paid for the earbuds with my debit card). So I go into the car and look around, and I tell him all I have is pennies. And maybe I'm exaggerating or remembering this wrong, but he seemed to get an attitude with me. He just gives me the :redface2: and keeps on walking. Like, damn. I don't get a "Thanks anyway" or a "Have a good day"? I mean, even if he thought I was lying--and I actually wasn't--I'm just thinking, you know, dude, I don't HAVE to give you anything, and with an attitude like that, why would I want to?
And one time a little over a year ago, I came out of a Toys R Us (in the same area, no less) after buying some of the RPM toys, and another homeless guy comes up to me in the car, scaring the **** out of me while I'm looking at the toys, asking me for some change. I happened to have a container of change on me, so I took some out and gave some to him. But I guess he saw that I had more, so he's like, "Can you pour the rest in my hand?" And I don't have the heart to tell him to **** off, so I do it, but it annoyed me because I needed that change. And it's weird, too--if I were older, I could understand getting hit up like this, but I'm a college student--I really don't have that much money (ignoring the fact that in the second story, I spent, like $50 on some toys).
The next time a homeless person hits me up for money, I'm gonna act like I don't speak English. :redface2: