Hocus Pocus 2, A 29 years in the Making Sequel!

Administrator
Staff member
Hocus Pocus 2 is coming to Disney Plus this coming Halloween. 
This sequel almost did not happen. Disney almost considered making a remake instead of a sequel. Bette MidlerKathy Najimy, and Sarah Jessica Parker will return and reprise their roles as the Sanderson Sisters. Sarah Jessica Parker returning is a surprise because she is the most famous actress from the returning cast. This project is beneath her. However, she does want to reprise her role as the youngest sister of the evil trio of witches.
There was also an attempt to make this sequel back in 2018
Hocus Pocus 2 Official Teaser

The Sanderson Sisters where hanged three centuries ago because they were responsible for the disappearance of multiple...

Continue reading...

Glad Bette, Cathy and SJP gets to reprise their roles but I am sad Omri Katz and Thora Birch are not able to return when they do want to return.

Sincerely, the Sanderson sisters were what made the original so fantastic; without them, it wouldn't have been the same. They are the only characters who needs to return.I got goosebumps when I saw the three of them reunited toward the end of the trailer. I'm really happy they reconnected for this. The original film is fantastic! And it makes me happy when I see them again. I can't wait to watch the follow-up on Halloween!

Hocus Pocus 2 is finally coming soon! I've been anticipating a sequel for a very long time. When I was a child in the 1990s, I adored Hocus Pocus. The best Halloween movie ever is Hocus Pocus! I thought this sequel will never happen when Sarah Jessica Parker became a big star because of Sex in the City.

I hope this will feel as exciting as the first time I had a new experience, holy shirtballs. This is so incredibly nostalgic and more than I can really comprehend how many people are affected by this film. Can't wait for crap. Even though I adored the first film, this follow-up comes approximately 15 or 20 years too late. They are considerably older today, and deaging never quite works. Although I'm crossing my fingers, I'm not holding out much hope given Disney's recent track record. Maybe if they filmed it as if they had aged in some way rather than making them appear exactly their original age, it wouldn't feel so weird.

Last edited by a moderator:
Say.... The cast is the only aspect of this that I like. Other than that, it lacks the enchantment of the 1990s and seems to have been transformed into a small kids movie. So yes, I'm excited, but viewing this trailer tears my millennial heart as well. Every year around Halloween, my family and I watch this movie, and I'm so frickin' glad they kept the witches' original actors.

If the sequel had been released between 3 and 7 years after the first, it would have been amazing. But thirty years? History has demonstrated that these specific sequels including the original actors are unable to recapture the enchantment they previously possessed. It's difficult to recapture the magic after so many years.

I simply want to state that I have no problem with Hocus Pocus 2 being streamed exclusively on Disney Plus rather than coming to theaters so I can watch it whenever I want. Disney plus will undoubtedly grant the freeform channel the broadcast rights to air it on their channel as well at some time in the future. Everyone is familiar with and has seen Hocus Pocus, so I was astonished to learn that a sequel was being made. This brief trailer gives me confidence that the Sanderson Sisters' return will be enjoyable and nostalgic.