HJU Radio #49 – Tokumei Sentai Go-Busters vs. Kaizoku Sentai Gokaiger: The Movie

I'm A Djinn
Looks like not a lot of people cared about this movie I guess? Are we experiencing Gokaiger fatigue?

Personally, I just found the movie lacking in plot. Shame since this one of the rare crossovers where I both really liked the teams (usually its one I liked and a lame one ie Shinkenger VS Go-on or 199 Super Sentai w the ossum Gokai and the wimps that are Gosei).

The plot really just stunk. The Gokaigers didnt feel like Gokaigers, they felt like Decade in his movies. And I know the Gokaigers and Decade have a lot in common but Gokaigers were likeable and Decade to me just was not. And in this movie the Gokaigers were still cool but werent as charming and likeable like I found them in the TV series.

So for me, it is not that I didnt like the teamup, Im just disappointed that this is the best they can come up with. Half of the crossover feels like theyre barely in it and while the other half had a huge storyline with their Digimon losing their souls or some **** like that.

I watched it once and I thought, well...that exists. And I dont plan on watching it again for a long time, if ever at all. It is that bland to me. And there is nothing left I can say about that movie.

Well, the point of the character is that he doesn't have one, so... probably not.

Perhaps getting Kenji Ohba to do the Gavan Pose to turn into Shurikenger again?:laugh:

I dunno perhaps have the camera hide his face ala Wilson from Home Improvment or wearing a mask under a mask.

• Shurikenger was one of those characters you can mess around with. Somethings they could play with, but not likely...
  • Have Jason Chan reprise his role as Cameron Watanabe...doing the Cyber Cam schtick...
  • Masato Wada appear as Akagi and do his Akibaranger henshin pose...
  • Let Asuka have a girl disguise...or a henchmen disguise...

I honestly thought the movie was awful. I the action is meh and the mecha fights are awful especially the end fight sorry :( and also the movie was lacking in plot and with it copying the freaking concept from SHT is just well stupid. I didn't like it in SHT and I didn't like it here as well. And I don't feel like ranting so I will say, I didn't like it, it is written badly, directed badly, and it is the bottom of the list of vs movies. :/

Nice post!!
Masato Wada as Shurikenger in the anniversary special would be so amazing I think my heart might explode.