"Hey, I want to check out some Toku"

SaikoDragon

It's Judgement Time!
So your friend walks up to you and says "Toku looks interesting. I wouldn't mind checking something out"

What are the Tokus you suggest?

My List:
Sentai: Tokusou Sentai Dekaranger (Or Hurricanger)
Rider: Kamen Rider Blade (or Ryuki)
Ultra: Ultraman Nexus
Ryukendo
Garo
Justirisers
Pretty Guardian Sailor Moon (If they're a moonie fan or a chick)

To me, that's my all star list of good Toku shows. Shows that really give you the best representation of what Tokusatsu is all about and how hard it can rock.

That's where I would start my friend. Where would you start yours? :169:
 
I started two of my friends on Ryuki, one of which was skeptical at first, the other, open minded. But they both seemed to like it, even with HK groups painful subs, so I would start there. :thumbs:
 
Sentai: Dekaranger or Gekiranger
Kamen Rider: Faiz, Den-o, or Ryuki
Ultraman: Ultraman Nexus (only one I have seen most of)
Other: GARO, Sh15uya
 
GARO for 'really mature', and Sh15uya for the whole philosophical side/ matrix fans. Some would say Sh15uya isn't toku, but it is a suit, and it does get people used to the idea of a transforming hero. Cutie Honey the LIVE for horny people. Rider series... Blade/ Faiz/ Kabuto. Sentai Magi/ Bouken/ Geki.

Depends on the person really. GARO and Sh15uya really stand out as a way to show people it's not all 'childish' and sort of ease them into the longer main toku series.
 
Depends which friend it was. I'd try to think of a show that involves something they're interested in. If they're a sucker for drama like me, then Gekiranger or Abaranger. I have one friend who's a reserve cop, so I'd probably start him on Dekaranger. Another loved MMPR as a kid, so I'd show him Zyuranger, since some of it would be recognizable. I figure if I found something in the series that would appeal to them, they'd be more likely to take an interest.
 
depends on the person and what they like.. like if they were more of a psychothriller kind of person i would go with shi15uya..if they were more of a j/k/c-drama kind of person i would go with den-o and maybe boukengers...if they were someone who grew up watching kikaida and stuff like that i would send them in the direction of kabuto first and then maybe off to all the old-school shouwa stuff XD

and if they were like me and loved horror/vampires...kiva would be a good bet XD or even garo

anime fans.. i would send them to goongers or den-o

^^

if they were looking for nontypical toku... i would have them watch garo, shi15uya, or fuuma ... which alot of people don't even consider toku... but the tv genre says toku so toku it stays XD .... then again..star trek is considered toku XDDDD
 
If your starting tokusatsu, then I would starting with something simple like Boukenger, Ryukendo, Dekaranger and Kamen Rider Den-o. Then move on to Kamen Rider Kabuto and Kamen Rider Agito as well as Gekiranger, Magiranger and Hurricanger. After that, you can expand into other shows Like Abaranger, Garo, Kamen Rider Faiz, Cutey Honey the Live and Go-onger.
 
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…