DSP

Lurker
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aGZRJ4oUsko[/ame]

I just finished watching the first episode via crunchyroll, and I must say this is pretty badass, for those not in the know, this is a collaborative project, east meets west so to speak. Here Bones has teamed up with Stan Lee to create this merging of american and japanese talents. This is Heroman, a story about a boy and his robot saving the world from aliens.

In terms of story and setting, these are fairly generic aspects that Stan Lee is well known for, however I find myself totally engrossed in it. It's generic but it's so solidly done that I can't really find much wrong with it, if I was to compare it to anything I'd say it's like as some bloggers have said spider man meets tetsujin-28, not sure yet if Joey (the protagonist) loses anyone in the same vein as spidey but atm it's looking like it's shaping up nicely if the first ep is anything to go by. As well as that it's being treated with classic BONES magic. I tell you this is one of the most beautifully animated series I've seen in a long while, BONES have never ceased to amaze me with their animation.

So yeah check it out C: it looks pretty sweet so far and has loads of potential and the cool thing is, even stan lee makes an apperance in the anime XD if this is ever dubbed HE SHOULD SO VOICE HIMSELF 8D

In Justice, We Trust!
Wow, is there anything that Stand Lee makes that he doesn't make an appearance in? :laugh:

Banned
Looking good! I'm going to torrent that coming tomorrow morning, should be very interesting to watch this series.

How in hell did he create this series so easily??? :sly:

DSP

Lurker
Wow, is there anything that Stand Lee makes that he doesn't make an appearance in? :laugh:

I know he appears in everything XD the thing is his apperance here is just as awesome as other stuff he's appeared in, like he appears for a second says a oneliner and he's instantly recognisable, seriously I knew it was him from the beginning when all we saw was the back of his head, the dude has a seriously reconisable haircut :laugh:

Kamen Rider Meta
^^Don't you realize! IT'S AMERICA! WITH FLAGS, HOT DOGS AND COFFEE AND ENGLISH LETTERING EVERYWHERE! AMERICA!

Anyway, about the actual episode, I woke up early to catch it on CR

-Well that was a lot of fun. I was very entertained. Plot seems kind of similar to stuff I've seen before not in anime, but in regular comics which I bet that's what their going for. Well they definitely succeeded. It felt like watching a Saturday morning cartoon which really isn't a bad thing. I was kinda giggling at the amount of English text everywhere thinking "This is so a pre-licensed show ;P. Episode was a little slow until Heroman woke up though

-Most importantly though, THIS OST IS AMAZING! I found myself headbanging on just about every case of BGM playing. I hope that song at the beginning was like, the aliens' theme music or something because I want to hear that every episode. The OP was alright. I liked the video more than the song. The ED, however, was FLOW so that automatically made it a great song. Combined with the moving comic book effects, I am totally watching that every week.

-I knew the kid on crutches (Psy) would be my favorite character. I think if this comes out dubbed, I'd want Spike Spencer to be Joey.

-Lol, Stan Lee can't make anything without cameoing in it somehow. It's always fun to see him in his work

-I see a character in the OP swinging a guitar around like Haruko from FLCL. This character should appear sooner rather than later.

Lurker
Big Guy and Rusty the Boy Robot popped in my head when I saw the opening for this.

Is anyone else amazed that they actually got a section of America looking right without it being New York. Usually it is either New York or a desert that just amazes me. I hope that they do like American superheroes and have different villains and not just the aliens.

二番目の翻訳者
If they make a dub of this show, they also need to get Christopher Lloyd to voice the Professor. (It's not that far-fetched! The dude will voice Doc Brown at the drop of a hat!)