Henshin Justice Unlimited is looking for RPG Staff:

The idea of an RPG graveyard is a great idea.
Let's face it, most RP's here tend to only last a few months.
Having a place to dump inactive ones so that newer RPs are easier to spot and handle would be effective.
But a moderator strictly to govern seems bad.
 
Organization wise and guidance wise an actual staff is a good idea. If he or she serves to actually help motivate, settle issues and actively help out any one and everyone that comes into this forum.

This person serves as the go to person for the community, and has to be able to dedicate the time to be in many places at once due to the amount of RPG that goes on.

The staff or moderator in this case need to serve more as a bridge than to be the one to closed or "go by the book" staff. The bridge in the this sense is to connect and help the RPG creators to the community. Without taking over that position. The RP always belongs to the creator, the moderator is someone who would lend a hand be a knowledge base, an adviser , some one to give updates. This also has to be someone that has extensive experience, has a good amount of time, has a level head and is willing to work with anyone and everyone without bias of his/her own agenda.

The definition of this moderator, isn't like the one described to be like the first post, nor is it like a HJU staff. IN this case the RPG moderator does a lot more.

And I can definitely say that most RP, only last about a couple of months this is due to that lack of communication and organization. The more organized RP with the better communication has been here a long time. I'll put mine up as a sample, In 3 months that RP would have been active and here for a Year.

The graveyard is a good idea, a lot of older stuff should not be deleted. Closed in slumber but not deleted.
 
I'm not so sure about the importance of a moderator for the RP section in terms of organization. It's not like the thread structures of our RP threads are really complicated that it necessitates a mod to close/move threads that might be improper or disruptive to other threads in the forum. There is more need forthat in a dedicated RPG site like one of them Naruto or Gundam forums with a persistent setting.

The RP graveyard is a good idea to clear up the space for active RPs while still allowing people to read through them, but that's about the administrative extent I see of this moderator position.

Otherwise, I agree with Zaku. The moderator will become more of a mentor for their fellow RP'ers, providing guidance to ensure that people can develop fun and long-lasting RPs without taking over entirely for them.
 
I'll run for the position will now officially submit myself as a candidate. I hope I can get some support from my peers in the community. Most of you are used to me via being wither your assistant,moderator, or behind the scene guy so this actually isn't much of a change really.

Here we are, Thank you very much.

Zaku said:
Hello It is very nice to meet you, here is my application.

PERSONAL

1. Username - Zaku

2. Birthday – 06/23/1986 I’m 24



ADDITIONAL INFORMATION

3. Why do you want to help this section? -

This is a very good question, and it’s a simply answered with “I enjoy being part of this community†a lot of my friends and acquaintances are here at this community. We all share a common interest, an unseen bond one of which is linked by our struggle to create, our ideas and our desire to share this with one another. Because of this common interest, I want to strive to help make this possible for everyone within the RPG section. This section has a lot of momentary success stories and many other stories that became untold or failed. I want to help make it so that everything becomes a success, through great organization, a strong strive for success and the most important Communication.

Trust and respect is something hard earned and harder to maintain. I have great relationship with every member of this section, making it much easier to work together.

4. What skills can you bring to this section? –

In short I could bring great organization skills, be a good advisor role, good work ethics, and tenacity for success with great communication skills. I’m currently known as the best scenario writer for the RPG section. Often times before an RP even is made in the RP section the creator comes over to me to get help for organization. Often time I will stick with the creator in which I choose to partner with, and see to it that the project runs smoothly and it done in an efficient but fun manner.

I am part of a writing group who is currently working on creating visual novel, and we’ve been doing this since 2005. The valuable experience I have from the organization of such a project can help a lot with the RPG section.



5. Do you moderate on other forum web sites? –

Yes currently I do moderate other Websites; I do administrate my own website that is co owned with another friend. But I do not moderate the Forums due to the small amount of member activities. The other is job related which I cannot release the information unfortunately, but I do moderate and administrate the nonprofit organization’s website which extends to 208 countries all over the world.

www.Rapidchronicles.com (for the personal and I apologize that I cannot provide the site for my Job at this time)

6. What other forums do you moderate? -

In the past I moderated two big name forums which I will mention here, first I was a member turned moderator for Gundam Seed Online back in 2006, it was one of the biggest Gundam Community at the time numbering at about 5000 members on the forums and about 15000 visits a day. In 2007 I was turned into its financial backing and co owner, even at that time it was possible for me to become an Admin I asked to stay a moderator, to keep up good relationship with all the members. I ended my career there in 2008 as an Admin when the site finally closed.

In 2006-07 I worked for Sega of America and help moderate their games forums, the one I worked on were Phantasy Star Universe and Armored Core 4. I worked with them for a small amount of time as my work load died down due to the fact that I made the shift to working with Sony in late 2006.

7. How long have you been moderating other forums?

- I spend about the maximum amount of 3 years moderating GSO and about 6 months on each of the Sega Corporate forums.

8. Have you ever resigned from a staff position? –
Yes, when I moved from Sega to Sony

9. If yes, please include details/reasons for the resignation -

Changes in Careers when from IT to electronic developments, wanted to finish school.

10. If you do not get the position you have applied for, will you still be an active member of our community here at Henshin Justice Unlimited?

Yes, with or without a title I am already hard at work, to work with all members of this section. I currently is a part of 3 RP projects, One of which is mine which right now is the most organized and long lived RPG currently on the section in 3 months time this RP would be on actively for a year. The other is a massive multiplayer with 30+ characters which I help everyone in the section with, the last has not been released to the section yet.

11. Enter any additional information that you think Double (the site owner) and the rest of the staff should know about you (such as gender (Male or Female)) and/or your skills that has not been mentioned yet. –

I am a 24 year old male who currently works for a Non-profit Foundation. I have had the pleasure to work with 3 big companies in the past, working with them have taught me many valuable skill sets and help me gain great time management skills. I have work for in order Bandai, Sega and Sony from 2005-2010. I am willing and be more than happy to offer my services to all HJU staffs even if it is outside of the RPG Section.

12. How may we contact you in case of an emergency? - "Email Address" or "IM Contact Info"

Please contact me via Email it will go directly to my smart phone.

[email protected]

AIM:

Mangostickyricer

I hereby verify that all information that I have provided is to my knowledge true and verifiable. -

“Yes, all information here is true and verifiableâ€

Thank you for taking the time to view my application.

-Zaku
 
Well, instead of trying to find ways to promote yourself, here's an idea: There can be a thread here stickied or in the HJU Tech Support Hotline in which an RPG OP or a participant who notices that the thread is open when it is finished or who has noticed the absence of the OP in the thread may ask to close said threads. If the OP returns, he or she can ask in the same thread to reopen it.

Examples:

To close a thread:

We have ended our game here: url link and I would like to ask that it be closed and moved. Thank you.

To open a thread:

Our OP has returned. He had some troubles and we would like to resume the game. The thread is here: url link. Thank you.


It is simple enough and anyone who is already part of the HJU staff can do it. Please take this into consideration as it would be the best way to handle this situation. Thank you.
 
I think whoever is in charge of this needs to really either end this whole idea or make it clear on what is needed and what isn't.

I didn't apply to close threads first off, that's very insulting to both myself and current staffs. I applied to do something I already do, An advisory role, a guidance, motivator. Which is very welcomed by this community and section. Something which I have never seen you been a part of till recently. Weither or not one likes that, is their decision. However that decision sir is not made by yourself. Before this was posted I took the time to contact administration and he asked me to post this here.

The application was made on a basis on consultation with people of this community. Also another fact is that, this section had never had staff involvement at all before. I recalled seeing 2 staff members stepping in here twice in my years here. One is here an admin addressing this issue and the other to address another issue with 2 members way back.

Don't mix our messages with your by the book definition. RPG doesn't need a moderator of the sort that closes threads. Rpg needs a moderator to help everyone who wishes for assistance via the Play itself.

Please do not get wrong messages.

In a funny round about way, when RPG people were discussing this together off HJU.

"RPG Section is like The island of Japan before Perry, want us to open up then bring battleships"

Battleships being your/our beloved and respected Staff members.That cause this to come up in the first place opening us up. You must excuse us RP people we're still following a strict honor code and rather lose our lives than to lose our old dead rps. We're not sure which Lord to follow but we sure love the way things are going right now.
 
Last edited:
Then everything is fine now, the way it is. The RPG section is a small section and those who participate know each other better, correct? Then there should be enough respect among you to hold this section as it has been held since it has existed. Please let me know if you disagree with any of this or if you would like further clarification. Mr. Keith Justice is in charge of this case and he has stated that this is to be worked amongst yourselves.

In times like these, there will be two major sides. There are of course more than two sides to every issue, but here the two sides are for those who want RPG Staff and those who believe in running things closer to equals and as they were. The side that wants moderators will ask to have itself promoted and the other will not. This happens in many places outside here. I'm just expressing observations to help you all understand the idea behind the promotion of a new group.
 

Latest News & Videos

Latest News

Back
Top