Shougo B'Stard
Would like to change his avatar
My trusty, regular TV just croaked, so it's time to buy a new one -- and time to upgrade to HDTV (well, they leave you no choice, since that's all they make now). My problem is, I don't know which brand to go with. I want something as reliable as my regular TV was -- it was an RCA that lasted for a little over ten years -- but I get conflicting advice on which brand is best. I'm not a really techy-guy, so I need advice on this.
Some recommend a Samsung or Sanyo, others say they've had problems with them. Some swear by Sony, but I've read those have too many problems for being the most expensive. I was this close to just buying a Sony, but I've heard about people experiencing problems with stuck pixels. Everyone says RCA is junk, yet a store salesmen recommended I buy one of them over all the others. :shrug:
I basically just want a TV to watch stuff on, but one that will last and has good picture and sound (and one that's easy on the wallet). I'm not really interested in fancy features or all the crazy hook-ups it comes with or whatever. So, who out there has an HDTV that they've had a good experience with? What brand would you recommend?
Thanks!
Some recommend a Samsung or Sanyo, others say they've had problems with them. Some swear by Sony, but I've read those have too many problems for being the most expensive. I was this close to just buying a Sony, but I've heard about people experiencing problems with stuck pixels. Everyone says RCA is junk, yet a store salesmen recommended I buy one of them over all the others. :shrug:
I basically just want a TV to watch stuff on, but one that will last and has good picture and sound (and one that's easy on the wallet). I'm not really interested in fancy features or all the crazy hook-ups it comes with or whatever. So, who out there has an HDTV that they've had a good experience with? What brand would you recommend?
Thanks!