Heartstopper, Another Webtoon adapted into a Netflix Drama

Super Moderator
Heartstopper started as a Webtoon or a Korean Webcomics. Many of Netflix’s successful hits like Hellbound, All of Us Are Dead, and Sweet Home became hits. What makes Heartstopper different is its Western setting, and it is a romance rather than a thriller or a horror. 
Because of their original and new stories, Netflix developed a fondness for developing Webtoon adaptations. None of the Netflix Webtoon adaptations got canceled, and some got renewed for a second season. So that’s an excellent sign of their renewal success rate.
When it got first published in 2016, it went viral. In 2018, physical copies of Heartstopper became available in bookstores. On the official Webtoon page, you may still read the original graphic novel for free.

Continue reading...

Last edited:
I'm still in disbelief that this is truly happening!!
For years, I've been reading the comics on which this is based.
I'd want to see a gay adolescent romance show, but I'm tired of shows with excessive drama and sexual objectification.
I'm overjoyed that this program will have a wholesome romance.

I am a BL fan, and I read the Heartstoppers comics. I have Trust issues with Netflix after they canceled Baby-Sitters Club, Julie and the Phantoms, and Santa Clarita Diet. Meanwhile, they kept Renewing trash like Emily in Paris. I hope this is a limited series that will end with a happy ending and not some cliffhanger with no resolve, so I won't get traumatized if in case they cancel.

Finally, Whole LGBT content! Whenever there is a TV drama about LGBT it is always sexually objectified. Like hello we are more than our sexuality and gender identities. Finally some romantic wholesome content! Also there is consent on this one unlike those Thai Dramas.

One of the most romantic webtoons out there. It made me feel like a teenager again and I can't believe it is now in live action.