Guess who wants to do the Buck Rogers movie

  • Thread starter Thread starter scikaiju
  • Start date Start date
one of my friends came up with a way to update Buck without going down the Miller road.

Basically, Buck is one of us. But every person in the future isn't. They've all evolved to the point where they can stick immortality upgrades, weapons and an instant connection to a super-net right into their minds. Like the Borg meets Bioshock.

Buck however, has one advantage that these people don't. He's immune to White Light. White Light is a sentient virus that eventually zombies a fully connected person. Those who suffer from white light slowly devolve into madness as their organic components die out, and the machines are overwritten.

Buck's blood is the main ingredient needed to synthesize an antidote to white light. And he's suddenly become the hottest commodity in the 23rd century.


Tenraisenpuujin has pretty much summed up what I feel Miller's Buck will be.
 
Frank Miller's Buck Rogers would go something like this:

AERIAL VIEW OF A FUTURISTIC CITY IN BLACK AND WHITE BUT MOSTLY GREY. IT IS RAINING, BECAUSE, COME ON, WHEN IS IT NOT EVER RAINING?

BUCK (voiceover): The future. The future is my whore.

SLOW ZOOM IN ON BUCK ROGERS, STANDING ON A ROOFTOP. EVERYONE ALWAYS STANDS ON ROOFTOPS.

BUCK (voiceover): The future is my mother and my whore all at the same time.

FAST ZOOM INTO A FULL BODY SHOT OF BUCK, BACKLIT AGAINST THE RAIN. HE IS A BLACK PROFILE EXCEPT FOR THE ANTENNA ON HIS HELMET, WHICH IS GLOWING RED.

BUCK (voiceover): There are some people who say I've got woman issues, but there's no law against fucking a whore. Who is also your mother. Not in the future. Not in *my* future.

CLOSE SHOT OF BUCK'S EYES AS HE SCANS THE STREETS BELOW.

BUCK (voiceover): And make no mistake, this is *my* future. But somewhere, there is crime. Crime against whores. Crime against mothers.

REVERSE SHOT, BUCK IN PROFILE AGAINST THE GRIM, GREY, GRITTY ALLEYS OF THE FUTURE.

Buck (voiceover): And I will **** that crime. I mean those whores. I mean my mother. I MEAN, I will stop that crime. Why? Because I'm motherfucking Buck Rogers.

HE LEAPS DOWN TEN STORIES, LANDING IN A CROUCH AND CRACKING THE PAVEMENT AS HE LANDS. OH, WHOOPS, HE'D PROBABLY HAVE A JETPACK OR SOMETHING, WOULDN'T HE. OH WELL, NOT USING IT JUST MAKES HIM MORE BADASS.

Buck (voiceover): And this is my future. Did I mention that?

:rofl:

Sad thing is, I bet this is exactly what he's pitching even as we speak.
 

Latest News & Videos

Latest News

Back
Top