[Anime] Garo - Honoo no Kokuin

I watched the subs of One Piece, you know the one with Japanese audio and English subtitles. It was god awful, I punched the person who recommended the subs to me and never spoke to that prick again.

"You gave me a bad website to watch Japanese cartoons on! We're done being friends!"

What?
 
Because not everyone wants to watch it in a different language.

And some series don't work in Japanese, especially comedy. The purpose of the subs is to explain to us what is going on. As such, you lose the impact of the hilarity of a scene. If the dub has done its job, the scene is hilarious to us because we are laughing our butt off from the joke which was intended by the Japanese writers. As such, the dub has done its job by retaining the intention of the creators of the show.

But whatever, there is some retarded ass **** being said in here and my brain cells are starting to hurt from it. I think my IQ is going down from it so I'm out.

I never said anyone had to watch it in a different language. I just said I don't get why they had to ruin it to begin with with their horrible dubs. And I already said people have their preferences, and some just like to ruin things as a hobby they call dubbing. There are a bunch of things that get lost in translation anyways, so to expect the English speaking audiences to get anything beyond the "seriousness" and "mature" and "violence" is absurd. Their perception of the show isn't the same as the audiences that it's actually meant for. Most adults in Japan just walk pass most of this **** anyways, because it's for kids, to them.

Honestly, most comedic scenes are a play on words in their language. Obviously you aren't going to have fun laughing at it since it's not even made with English speaking audiences in mind to begin with, maybe the exception is Death Note (since the author said he had to think about relating it to English as well), but the rest probably couldn't care less about what you think about their jokes.

And... there we go, another person who doesn't know how to allow others to have an opinion, yet he wants to post about how reading it makes his IQ go down... If all it takes is a few words to make your IQ go down, then I guess it wasn't very high to begin with.
 
Y'all complaining about dubs are silly. Over in this country, stuff is dubbed no matter where it came from (or what format it's in, for that matter). German voice actors are pretty good at what they do and typically sound quite natural (hell, as an example, the German DBZ dub, while QUITE loose in translation, was the most natural-sounding dub EVER). It's not a matter of being dubbed or not; it's a matter of the voice actors' talents as well as how well the director does their job.

As for the ACTUAL subject at hand, a GARO dub would be quite epic, though as for the anime itself, the trailer hasn't shown much yet to judge it by. Hm.
 
I hate to say it, but it looks like every anime out there. The name and design is the only thing that makes me interested in it.
 
I hate to say it, but it looks like every anime out there. The name and design is the only thing that makes me interested in it.
sadly, +1 to this. If it wasn't for the Garo name, I'd watch that teaser and feel no desire to watch the show. Hopefully we'll get a more convincing full trailer soon.
 
I...actually like how it looks :sweat:.

Would I still watch it if it wasn't related to Garo? I guess maybe not, especially with how packed the Fall season is looking for me, but overall I'd say it's looking pretty cool so far :).

The Armor animation was what I was most worried about, but it actually looks pretty great and puts the Yami wo Terasu Mono CG to shame :thumbs:.

The Garo Armor cracking and then howling was certainly strange to see, though I wonder if it's a sign that Leon's gone over the time limit :eyebrow:?

Can't wait to see the Horror designs :coolshades:.
 
Would I still watch it if it wasn't related to Garo? I guess maybe not, especially with how packed the Fall season is looking for me, but overall I'd say it's looking pretty cool so far :)

I would, just because it is a golden armor :laugh:
 
Well, it is a nice golden armor in the same vein as the Golden Saints :thumbs:.

Also:

zaruba-kageyama.jpg


Zaruba confirmed for the anime :buttrock:.
 

Latest News & Videos

Latest News

Back
Top