Gamera: Revenge of Iris - OMFG

I saw this at the Rialto Theater in NJ at Asian Fantasy Film Expo 2002 with my big brother. One of the best experiences I've had in a theater! There was a huge round of applause when the credits started.

I also met director Shuusuke Kaneko at the con. An awesome guy! One of these days, I'll post pics I took at the con.
 
This marked the point where Gamera shed the "cute and adorable" to the "mean green fighting machine"...if they do go back to this series, it should be a steady evolution of Gamera.

Gamera the Brave "cute" slowly transforming into Revenge of Irys "vicious badass":buttrock:
 
I hate all the crap the Gamera The Brave got! :disappoin I loved the movie, and though it was extremely dramatic and well-done. The story and effects were both top-notch as well. Zedus wasn't a great bad guy, but things were still very well handled, especially with regards to his look and how he came from the red glowing egg. People just didn't like it going back to the "friend of all children" days of the 60/70s.

I do enjoy watchin the 90s films, but I enjoy The Brave just about as much. People need to look at the film by itself, rather than worry about the mood of it.
 
I hate all the crap the Gamera The Brave got! :disappoin I loved the movie, and though it was extremely dramatic and well-done. The story and effects were both top-notch as well. Zedus wasn't a great bad guy, but things were still very well handled, especially with regards to his look and how he came from the red glowing egg. People just didn't like it going back to the "friend of all children" days of the 60/70s.

I do enjoy watchin the 90s films, but I enjoy The Brave just about as much. People need to look at the film by itself, rather than worry about the mood of it.

All the Gamera Movies were good in its own way. They should go and combine both aspects of Gamera cause both ways of doing it were good...



...either that or have Disney do it.:169:
 
I saw this at the Rialto Theater in NJ at Asian Fantasy Film Expo 2002 with my big brother. One of the best experiences I've had in a theater! There was a huge round of applause when the credits started.

I also met director Shuusuke Kaneko at the con. An awesome guy! One of these days, I'll post pics I took at the con.

I was there too! Oh my fucking god, that's so weird. I was 11 at the time. I met him after he did his slideshow and Q&A, and then flipped out as I bought about 12 different figures from the vendors. I even got the 8-inch GMK Godzilla there :sweat: I live in NJ, so it was only about 30 minutes away from me. Small world. . .

Just sad that 2002 was the con's final year. That was the only Kaiju-based con in NJ. Now there are none.
 

Latest News & Videos

Latest News

Back
Top