Fox News Story: The Anime Invasion

Keith Justice

New Member
Check it out and see what ya think.

FF: Spirits Within fwickin' sucked. I sincerely wonder how well Advent Children would've done if it were given a theatrical release. Biggest reason I hated FF:SW was that it wasn't Final Fantasy at all. It was some kinda cheapass science fiction story and that was it.

Bah!

Anyway, it just depends to me on what they release theatrically and how they do it.

As for Transformers.... I don't think that'll ever really be made and if it does, it's going to get trashed by critics. Transformers isn't for everyone. You have to "get it" or at least want to, like with Power Rangers and Tokusatsu.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
That was just...bad. Foxnews sucks and they can't write a good story to save their jobs, he's writing about it with obviously knowing nothing about it beforehand.
 
I wonder what an article like this would be like, if it was written by somebody who know what they were talking about and what the public would think?

Anyway, I did like this quote...

But according to Hung, there were more than just cultural factors that felled the "Final Fantasy" franchise.

"I think it was twofold: Basically, when you CGI [computer-generated imagery] humans, it just looks funny," he explained. "Second thing was the script  it was a very cultural thing, so they had to include things from the game that didn't really work. It was a very spiritual story, and American kids just want shoot 'em up  they don't want to know about Mother Earth.

"Thirdly," he added, "it was just a bad movie."


At least he admits it. :D

I also thought it was funny that someone in another forum posted up this picture, in reference to the article talking about the Sinbad movie inrespects to it being "manga style."

Sinbad.jpg
 
I at least liked the FF movie. >_> But seriously, there's only one reason it didnt do well. Because it wasnt final fantasy. They could have done so much better for the story. People wanted FANTASY. Not Sci-Fi. Fans wanted a story as good as the game stories. Wanted action as good as the game action. If FF7:AC was released in theaters, Im sure it would sell big.
 
Man why they bitching about anime being so great? Also, why not mention the great sales of Manga! Best Manga ever would most likely be Initial D, Battle Royale, Chobits, Cowboy Bebop and my fave, Love Hina! :jam:

Keith, lol! That's One Piece combined with Sinbad isn't it? I've watched a few episodes and can easily say it rocks!
 
I couldn't care less about what they said about Spirits Within. I didn't consider that an anime movie. Should've done more focus on the Miyazaki films that had theatrical releases.

And they are working on transformers movie. There was lots of promotion for it at SDCC. Like a 45 foot tall Optimus Prime.
 
I actually really enjoyed the FF movie. Saw it in the theather when it was first released and was continually blown away at how GOOD the CGI looked.

Sure it wasn't really in the vain of Final Fantasy, but if you just watched it for a pure sci-fi flick, it was pretty cool.

-RF
 
yeah the CG looked bad ass and it STILL does. Some characters dont look that great but there are some who just look amazingly real. They worried too much about making things look real though and not giving us a good story. But I liked the movie. I got it on DVD. The extras are great.

They shoulda just did this FF7 movie first though. It woulda made them millions upon millions.
 
That movie was not a FF movie...it was more like bad sci-fi melodrama with "Final Fantasy" slapped on the title.
 

Latest News & Videos

Latest News

Back
Top