First thing they can do if they will remake this is to give the main characters proper names aside from their jobs and color.

I'm no desperado
Two years ago, I was like "OMG, gimme an FF1 remake, pleeeeease!" Don't get me wrong, the OG game was cool and all, but it needs a major facelift. Like, seriously, let's give these characters some backstory, spice up that combat system, and make it accessible to a new generation of players who are scared of anything more than two pixels.

But hold up, we can't forget the vibe of the original. It had this certain something, ya know? So, we gotta keep that in check, and just pretty it up a bit. Let's get a faithful adaptation with some killer graphics and fancy new features.

Overall, I think an FF1 remake would be a badass way to pay homage to the OG while bringing it into the modern era. Plus, it gives us an excuse to play it again, and who doesn't love that?

I would absolutely love an FF1 remake. While I do appreciate the simplicity of the original, there is so much potential to expand upon the world and characters. Giving each character a unique backstory would add so much depth to the game. Additionally, the combat system could definitely use a rebalance, as it can feel a bit too simplistic at times. A remake could also help introduce new fans to the series, as many people may be hesitant to play the original due to its age.

I would have been happy if Origin was the remake of 1 but its not.

I will be supportive of this but I think it would be important to keep the overall tone and feel of the original intact. FF1 has a certain charm that shouldn't be lost in a remake. It would be great to see a faithful adaptation with updated graphics and gameplay mechanics.

All in all, I think an FF1 remake would be a great way to honor the series' roots while also introducing it to a new generation of fans.

Panda PingPing
I'm not sure, I'm torn.
On the one hand, I'd want to see it from a more current technological perspective, but I believe that part of what makes FF1 so fascinating is how simplistic the tale is and how the characters lack personality.
If they tried to bring it up to modern standards, I feel like they'd risk losing the spirit of it.

So you want this game to be forgotten forever? It needed to evolve so modern fans will know what it is. I can't even call it a classic when it didn't age well.

It would be fantastic if the game were to be remade. Despite the fact that they were the first games in the series and are regarded as classics, I and II are among my least favorite titles in the series (II at the bottom though). Even in the newer versions, it's still a dreadful grind to get through. In many aspects, it might benefit from an update.

It's a fantastic idea, in my opinion.
It would be a fantasy game with a really open world.
Due to its limited story, it would have an enormous amount of potential.
It could potentially be a new RPG game-play experiment.
There would be so many things to view that it would be insanely great.

Absolutely, I would play an FF1 remake. The original game has a lot of charm, but it is admittedly very basic in terms of story and gameplay. A remake would be the perfect opportunity to flesh out the characters, add more story elements, and modernize the gameplay mechanics. Didn't age well!