The new Tendou Souji
Hopefully the mods don't mind me bumping this; it's only.. 2 months old?! Dang am I slow! :sweat:
Anyways, I said here that I'd try to keep this active and so I shall.

Anyways, just a couple of random thoughts:

- Episode 12 is oodles of fun; picking off a random moment, the team just revealing themselves to the kaijin in slow-pan motion ended up being really dang cool.

ZRAaxkr.gif

(I'd like to see Ryuunosuke pull this sequence off)

Last edited:
Lurker
I just wanna say that I really like the narrator in this show. It's always amusing when I get to the preview(s) and he just reacts to something on-screen. :laugh:

To be honest, most announcers from Goranger to Dynaman were like that on the previews. :)

Would like to change his avatar
To be honest, most announcers from Goranger to Dynaman were like that on the previews. :)

Most announcers from Goranger to Dynaman were the same dude -- Tooru Oohira. (He pretty much did every Sentai's narration up until that point, taking over for Nobuo Tanaka a dozen episodes into Goranger's run.) I think that just became his schtick for Sentai.

The new Tendou Souji
Spent today watching through a bunch of episodes &, I'm on episode 32 right now; one thing I will say is that.. man, the 20s had some rough episodes lol. Not all of them, mind you but, some; I thought it pulled itself back together quickly enough, though.

Hopefully, I get some time after work tomorrow to watch some more. I wanna see Zenobia!

The new Tendou Souji
So, how come everyone, in 33, was getting sick? Was it some side-effect of the Mammoth monster rampaging everywhere?

Also, got to Zenobia and she is great. From being a snarky blitch to her group (least, that's what I'm inferring from the raw) to having beret grunts(!!), she's quickly going up on my favorite villains list.

The new Tendou Souji
Told myself to try to finish this before the month's out.

- I have to say I was really taken back when Pink's suit got trashed in 43 and you saw the insides. I know it was common back then but, I still didn't see it coming. 43 in general was really damn good, though.
I do have a question, though.. there was one point near the end where Dark Knight was talking to Rocket Tiger and after Blue went "Kisama!", DK said something like "Something akuma yo!". What was the point of that exchange? 'cause I keep wanting to think that DK was retorting with "I'm a demon!" and that makes me laugh a lil.

45:
- Seeing DK fight Zenobia was pretty cool, though you'd think he would have the advantage with the suit color and all.
- If Zenobia was pretending to be the mother, who was the other one supposed to posing as? Just a friend of the mother?
- I really like Haruta's white ninja gear. It's not Kakuranger-cool but, still cool.

47:
- So um, what was with the weird ear, nose... things and the gas attack. Can't say I understood the logic there.
- What were those bottles that the team was protecting?

48:
- So, Prof. Yumeno caused everything to happen?

See, this is why someone needs to make a "Jill's site" for these shows, I wouldn't have so many questions. :laugh:

The new Tendou Souji
WTF happened to Zenobia? Was her body unable to support the boost in power? Either way, it was rather unsettling.

Good finale, though, I enjoyed it.
I suppose as a show in general, I did enjoy it; I just wish the first half wasn't so... episodic, I guess? Sure, there were new generals every now and again which , don't get me wrong, was nice to have but it didn't feel like anything really moved until the 30s (I guess Change & Flash really spoiled me, though. :laugh:).

How hard is this series to follow raw? It seems like there are no subtitles for this one, or if there are, I can't find them.

Nice post!!
How hard is this series to follow raw? It seems like there are no subtitles for this one, or if there are, I can't find them.

In terms of watching raw, it's a typical Sentai. The fights are enjoyable, the hero/villain character interactions aren't hard to follow, but you will completely miss any and all fine points of exposition. I think Deadfish did some episodes, if you can track down those releases.