[Anime] Dragon Ball is finally back FOR REAL THIS TIME.......new anime confirmed

Sorry to rant, just I'm so sick of old things coming back. Good stories are good because they end. Lord of the Rings would not have been half as fantastic if Tolkien had given in to demand and wrote a cash-in sequel, and with Dragonball its been shown that trying to go beyond the original manga does more harm than good.

Lord of the Rings was a cash-in of the Hobbit, therefore negating your entire valid point. A better comparison would be the Star Wars prequels, the Expanded Universe made non-canon, and Godzilla's latter Showa entries. Alien and Terminator both faced the same issues as well alongside Jurassic 3 and World as well, though I loved World. However, John Carpenter's The Thing was said to be better than the original and maybe a few other examples. And the Evil Dead was really good for being a sequel to the franchise.

I wish they rendered Z after Goku's death non-canon and had Gohan grow up without him. The best episodes were with Gohan And Piccolo developing together in a master and pupil dynamic, and then father and son dynamic. Bringing Goku alive and making everything aliens was what destroyed the series in my opinion.
 
So is anyone else besides me liking the show so far?

I like it. Although I do agree with all of the "doubters" on this show that it is annoying they will be spending the first 2 story arcs (we're currently in the first story arc) basically re-telling the plots of the last 2 DBZ movies.

But hell, the execution of the re-telling of BoG so far has been ok for me
 
I like how it's an expansion of BoG too. However, it has killed the hype for me and I'm not as excited every Saturday. I'm sure it'll come back when they get into new territory.
 

Latest News & Videos

Latest News

Back
Top