Does being made in the showa era make a toku a must watch?

It seems, lately, every showa era show I've come across has been a must watch. Soemthing that everyone should see.
Now come on, there have to be some really bad showa shows.
Right?
Or was Tokusasu completely badass through out that era.
 
Depends. Most people watch the Showa Era for being "classics" or the love the Era due its campiness. Most Showa stuff are as decent as the 60s Batman, all the 80s Hi Tech Shows, and 50s Drive-In Creature features.
 
No, no it doesn't. I say this while watching V3, Ichigo and Nigo, and Black, not cause I felt an obligation, but because I was genuinely curious. Turns out they're actually pretty fun, and no where near as campy as the era and suits would allow you to believe, still pretty campy at times, but they're still less silly at times then Den-O or later episodes of Kabuto.

But no one can make you watch something you don't want to.
 
Era dilineation is ridiculous. It doesn't matter what emperor was around doing nothing when something was made that makes it good or not.

What makes a show/movie/etc good or not, is being good or not. That's all.

Watch the old stuff that's good because it's good, not because it's Showa era.
 
No, no it doesn't. I say this while watching V3, Ichigo and Nigo, and Black, not cause I felt an obligation, but because I was genuinely curious. Turns out they're actually pretty fun,

I'm gonna be honest, I watch Post #53 episodes of Kamen Rider just to see Ichigo's new finishers!:D
 

Latest News & Videos

Latest News

Back
Top