Music Does anyone like country and western music?

A lot of people have accused newer country and western music of being generic, but I disagree. Of course, a lot of the new stuff is either sappy garbage or songs about beer and partying. However, some of the new stuff is top of the line. Nonetheless, I think some people are too closed minded to listen to it.

By the way, I love the old classic country like from Willie Nelson, Charlie Pride, and Don Williams, but I don't want to be so closed minded to stop there.

Last edited:
My favorite music genre is Rock and R n B. When I am listening to R n B, I listen to new artists and new songs, however, when I am listening to rock I will always play the music from 60s, 70s and 80s. I sometimes listen to country songs but I don't listen western music.

I am a moody person so it depends on my mood. There are times I enjoy listening to country music the likes of John Denver but sometimes I prefer other genre because I feel country music as corny. I understand that music is to be enjoyed so if I am not enjoying then why listen? But the problem is that sometimes country music is being played in a place where I have no control like a public bus, huh.

I love country music, I don't mind what people may say about it but I love it. The sixth generation is fantastic not forgetting even the older country music was worth listening to. Some of my favourite country musicians are Kenny Rodgers, Dolly Parton, Janet Mccurdy, Miley Cyrus among others.

As I mentioned before, dome country music is oversentimental. However, oversentimental isn't always bad. The key is the artist has to communicate the idea without seeming corny. For instance, why does a certain new country romance song sound stupid while Lionel Richie's love songs are over the top? Note, Lionel Richie isn't country but his stuff sounds similar to Kenny Rogers and other country performers.

Now, on the other hand, as I also mentioned, a lot of country music is real macho and about beer, trucks, and women. Some have criticized this stuff as being generic and dumb and I have to agree with them. Nonetheless, haters of country music want to say a huge percentage of new country music is about beer, trucks, and women when it isn't.

Last edited:
Personally I'm not a huge fan of country and western music, but living here in the UK that probably isn't so much of a surprise. While we do get the odd country and western song breaking through, it's not nearly as popular over here as it is in the US for example, and I'm not sure if it still is, but I know it used to be the most listened to genre of music at one time.