Nintendo Switch Online Gains Donkey Kong Country

Staff member
We’re not sure how long Nintendo plans to keep their Switch Online back-catalog thingamajig going, given that they’ll eventually run out of interesting titles. At least, they will if they stick with NES and SNES forever. There are, however, still a few glaring omissions in the virtual library, and one is about to be filled.
Nintendo just announced that Donkey Kong Country (the 1994 original) is headed to Nintendo Switch Online next week. The smash hit revitalized the SNES against heavy competition with its prerendered graphics (an unseen novelty at the time), its addictive platforming gameplay, and its cheeky British wit. It also started a fruitful partnership between Nintendo and Rare that would serve the former company well in the N64 days.
Super NES™ Donkey Kong Country – Armed with chest-pounding muscle, mighty barrel rolls, and awesome vine-swinging skills, Donkey Kong and Diddy Kong set out to face their adversaries, K. Rool and his reptilian crew of Kremlings. Play solo...

Continue reading...

Last edited:
Nice! I love the classic Super Nintendo games. I have yet to get a Switch but will be getting one when they go on sale for the holiday season. I am looking forward to playing this again! I tried playing it through an emulator and it just doesn't do the game justice for me.