Do you think Toei will ever put older Sentai stuff on Blu-Ray?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Dr Kain
  • Start date Start date
You mean live-action, right?
Well this is one thing that's not going to happen ever.
It was shot on video and mastered interlaced at 60 fields per second.
There is no HD source and even if they were to just upconvert it wouldn't look very good.

Again, I'm not concerned about it being in true HD. I just want to be able to watch it on any freaking BD player I choose instead of always having to buy an all region DVD player, especially since those won't exist much longer and I'm going to be stuck with 300 discs I'll never be able to watch again.

Adamclark, only the movies on the final disc have 3D versions. As to how to select the 3D on them, if you have a 3DTV, just clink on the 3D option on the menu and they will play in 3D.
 
I've watched the entire Sentai movie Blu-ray set and the quality has been remarkable. I hope that it was meant to test the waters about the possibility of future Blu-ray releases of older series'. I wonder if they will release another movie set with all the other Sentai movies? I hope so.
 
I've watched the entire Sentai movie Blu-ray set and the quality has been remarkable. I hope that it was meant to test the waters about the possibility of future Blu-ray releases of older series'. I wonder if they will release another movie set with all the other Sentai movies? I hope so.

Thanks for the heads up. I'm glad Toei did good with this set. However, it also has the unpleasant effect of me wanting the set even more. :laugh: Thank you.
 
At G-FEST, Media Blasters had a flier listing all of their tokusatsu stuff, and among them were DAM and MEGALON. It stated the dates of 10/25 and 11/29, and the prices of $19.99 for DVD and $29.99 for Blu-ray. The DAM Blu-ray will supposedly come with the 30-track CD. They also showed the tentative covers; DAM appears to be artwork and not a photo (not sure of the image's source), however it appeared to have bits of Japanese around it which I assume will be removed, if they're going with that image. The MEGALON one feature Jet Jaguar posing center, with larger images of Godzilla and Megalon just above and to either side of him. Both covers had nicely done English title logos.
 
So I watched the movies to GoRanger, DenjiMan, and DaiRanger today. GoRanger and DaiRanger looked great, and both are great movies, but DenjiMan had a lot of grain in it and seemed to have some soft video at times. Of course, the movie itself felt like it was never going to end, but that is another story. My only complaint is that they say the audio is Dolby TrueHD 2.0, but my receiver is saying it is only in stereo and not Dolby True HD.
 
Yeah, but usually my receiver will state that it is TrueHD if it is TrueHD.
 

Latest News & Videos

Latest News

Back
Top