Administrator
Staff member
I renamed Squall with my own name. I didn't rename everyone.

I did rename Squall and Rinoa but if memory serves me well those were the only characters that came with that feature.

I don't like renaming game characters. The last time I named my character was in Chrono Cross. I renamed the main character, Serge to my own name.

I haven't played Final Fantasy 8 yet but when I do, I won't change their names. I've also seen Squall is named Leon on Kingdom Hearts 1 and 2 but I don't know if this is part of his story in FF8 or Kingdom Hearts just wants to name him Leon for some reason.

I had renamed Squall with "GraceSquall' and I had also renamed Rinoa with "GraceRinoa" because I love them both. "Grace" being my name, I wanted to make a feel of being connected to them in true sense.

Also, I had renamed Laguna to "Empty Soul" because I felt that he was really looking for the sweet music of Julia.

Same as I did. Sometimes, I prefer using my nicknames rather than other's name.
It feels better to have the character have the same name as you. It is nice to have party members address the main character by your name. It makes me feel I am part of their adventure.