Administrator
Staff member
I remember when my cousin played FF8, He renamed the characters because its an option.

Squall- He renamed him with his name
Rinoa- Lovely (Name of his girlfriend)
Quistis-He renamed her after my Aunt

I only renamed characters in Final Fantasy one because the characters there have no names aside from their jobs. In case of 8 I leaved it as is. I didnt rename a single character.

Yeah I did not as well but I think we all know people who do these types of things. You give them the option to customize and they will, which is great for them as it seems to be expected these days.

Administrator
Staff member
I decided to replay again and changed their names just for fun because I was bored. I think the lack of dubbing of this game made the renaming of characters less awkward since it voice acting wont match with the new names.

Well, I didn't have the time to rename these characters, not because it wouldn't be nice but because I was more after catching fun than trying to take up part of the developers job :rolleyes: in renaming the characters. I just went on with my playing and never bothered about their names.

I decided to replay again and changed their names just for fun because I was bored. I think the lack of dubbing of this game made the renaming of characters less awkward since it voice acting wont match with the new names.

Mmmh, you did a good with crafting these names for most of the characters that you decided to rename, and I must confess that it's like you did a better job more than what the developers have given them before.

My desire is to play the game and there time to rename them is not actually available, so I just focus on enjoying the moments of the game and not renaming any character for any reason. This is just the way that I like to play game.

Well, I didn't have the time to rename these characters, not because it wouldn't be nice but because I was more after catching fun than trying to take up part of the developers job :rolleyes: in renaming the characters. I just went on with my playing and never bothered about their names.

I was also more focused on catching the fun by playing the game and not entirely about renaming those characters. The thing is not that it wouldn't be cool, but it just want to enjoy the game that way and nothing more.

I was also more focused on catching the fun by playing the game and not entirely about renaming those characters. The thing is not that it wouldn't be cool, but it just want to enjoy the game that way and nothing more.

The question is why would I be putting myself through the stress of renaming the characters in the game when my main purpose is to catch fun playing? And the obvious answer is that there isn't much need for that, so I skipped doing that.

First time I played I called Barrey "Thunder" as 11 year old me thought that was such a cool name.

Hustle-Loyalty-Respect
Why would I put myself through the stress of remaining the characters in the Final Fantasy games? That would be an added headache for me, I'm pretty sure the characters were given quite a pleasant names, so I certainly didn't bother renaming any of them.