Why did Final Fantasy became an action game with RPG Elements instead of a Fantasy based RPG with Turnbase combat?

I am Stronger than ever
UGH, can you believe what they've done to my favorite game series? Final Fantasy used to be a masterpiece of turn-based RPG goodness. But then Final Fantasy XV came along and ruined everything. It's not even a real Final Fantasy game anymore! It's turned into a hack and slash mess with no party, just one lonely protagonist.

I can't believe they would take such a beloved franchise and strip it of everything that made it great. The whole point of Final Fantasy was the intricate battle system and the amazing characters you could choose to have in your party. But now, we're just stuck with one guy running around slashing things. It's a total letdown.

I'm so frustrated with the direction the game is going. It's like they don't even care about the fans anymore. I just wish they would go back to what made Final Fantasy so special and stop messing around with the formula that worked so well for decades.

Oh boy, technically Final Fantasy is now an action RPG, which is like a JRPG but with more kick and punch! Why did they change it, you ask? Partly because JRPGs are about as popular as a vegan steakhouse, so by going more action-oriented, they can attract new fans.

But, let's not forget that it's also a design choice. The dev team is like, "What's the point of having fancy-pants graphics and realistic characters if they're just standing around waiting for their turn to do a little jig?" So, they decided to spice things up and let players have some more control. It's all about personal preference, baby!

You know turn based System is a product of it's time. The technology and animation back then are limited because its pixel and they are also trying to save memories. Now the graphics are more realistic and animations runs smoother.

It's true, the turn-based system was a product of its time. Back then, the technology and animation were limited because of the pixelated graphics, and they had to save memory wherever they could. But now, with more powerful technology and advanced graphics, the game developers have more options and can make animations run smoother and look more realistic.

The turn-based system can still be fun, but it's not the only option anymore. Game developers can now create more immersive and dynamic gameplay experiences with action-oriented combat systems. And with modern technology, they can also create more detailed and lifelike environments, characters, and animations. So, while turn-based systems are still great for nostalgia, there's no reason why we can't also explore new possibilities with more advanced technology.

If you prefer older games with turn base, Just play Octopath Traveler instead.

Administrator
Staff member
I remember playing Final Fantasy games with turn-based combat and being blown away at the time.But now, with modern technology, the possibilities for gaming are endless.
I do miss the turn-based combat sometimes, though. It had a certain charm to it but we need to move on to new technologies and evolving market.

The Fantasy is not final
I love the intense battles and flashy moves in the newer games. Sorry Turnbase fans.

Ugh, I cannot stand this trend of moving away from turn-based combat! The whole point of Final Fantasy was to have strategic, thoughtful battles, not mindless button mashing. And now, they're just trying to appeal to the lowest common denominator with their flashy graphics and action-packed combat. It's so frustrating to see this series that I used to love becoming unrecognizable. Give me my old-school turn-based battles any day! At least then, I had to use my brain instead of just my reflexes. I hope they come to their senses and bring back the classic combat system, but I'm not holding my breath.

My love is electrifying from above
Boomers, Your turn base games are not running away. If you`love turnbase so much, play the old games you own or support pixel remaster.

Hell No, turn-based combat really made the battles more strategic and required you to think ahead. Without us older fans you wont get the games you have today.