Did Kamen rider series died for you after kabuto

What I meant is that I'd feel bad for people that would hate something solely on account of it not being grim and dark because that's the way they like it. And yes, they are free to want what they like, individuality and all that man. But I think that sometimes there can be more to a show than just whether it's serious or not. And maybe, just maybe, some people might be missing out on something enjoyable just because theyre letting their preferences for something dark get the better of them.

True! I ain't against that, but not everyone can be you now can they?
 
I feel like I'm in an ironic minority here, because I didn't become a fan of Kamen Rider until after Kabuto. in truth, Kabuto was the series that let me truly discover Kamen Rider and know what is was, but all I ever watched of it were the fight scenes, and even then, it did kinda bother me to see how most of the time Kabuto beat back all opponents with no trouble. I just never found enough interest in the plot to actually watch it, and grew to hate the main character. since then, I've learned a decent amount about the plots of each heisei series, and none of the ones pre-Den-O interest me enough to watch them.

as many of you know, Den-O was my first and still is my favorite KR series(though now Fourze is tied with it), and I have sufficiently liked every series since then, and I kinda think I liked them because of how Den-O has influenced the series that came after it. each of them, to me, manage to balance comedy and seriousness, though to varying degrees. sure, they had there faults, but still, the good outweighed the bad, and I haven't looked back

but always, they feel like rider to me. they all have the key elements that Kamen Rider seems to have. so personally, I think Kamen Rider has gotten better since Kabuto, but I think that series generally improve the longer they go on. I'm an optimist like that
 
I'm quickly learning that, as much as I like rider, I'm having a hard time truely enjoying the darker series. Kuuga looks like it'll at least be a good story, and Kiva looks great, but Blade is currently falling flat (I'm at episode 12/after it, and I'm told it's better after that), and as awesome as Kabuto looks, I just can't seem to get interested in it. Decade's pretty alright, and I think I ended up enjoying the two Blade episodes thus far (First two) more then I have Blade itself.

Granted, part of my dislike for Blade is it's fairly lackluster opening episode, with absolutely no explaining of why Blade is Blade, what else BOARD was working on, or anything. It was just "And this guy is Blade, Garren's back up/partner".

Or maybe I've been spoiled by W. Though I'm not exactly looking forward to Fourze, other then the small spot in one of the movies I'm told that Joker/W shows up in.
 
I'm quickly learning that, as much as I like rider, I'm having a hard time truely enjoying the darker series. Kuuga looks like it'll at least be a good story, and Kiva looks great, but Blade is currently falling flat (I'm at episode 12/after it, and I'm told it's better after that), and as awesome as Kabuto looks, I just can't seem to get interested in it. Decade's pretty alright, and I think I ended up enjoying the two Blade episodes thus far (First two) more then I have Blade itself.

Granted, part of my dislike for Blade is it's fairly lackluster opening episode, with absolutely no explaining of why Blade is Blade, what else BOARD was working on, or anything. It was just "And this guy is Blade, Garren's back up/partner".

Or maybe I've been spoiled by W. Though I'm not exactly looking forward to Fourze, other then the small spot in one of the movies I'm told that Joker/W shows up in.
I'd urge you to try and stick with Blade a little longer. I found I had to get about a third of the way through the series before it really starts becoming interesting. I think the same also applies to Ryuki and Faiz. But if you reach episode 20 and you don't think it's starting to get better, you could be in trouble :sweat:
 
I actually like Kamen Rider the way it is now better. I feel that some series like Kabuto tried a bit too hard at certain points.
 
I thought Kabuto was a disappointing season, myself, so it's a bit weird watching people treat it as a benchmark of what Kamen Rider should be. Personally, I think Kamen Rider can be whatever Toei wants it to be, as long as the end result is entertaining and well-conceived on some level.

He also explicitly stated in that interview that Sentai's primary target audience these days is three to five-year-old boys (Kamen Rider's seems to be a little older, but not even as old as pre-teens.) I don't know why that is the case, perhaps someone better informed such as Lynxara, Shougo or Aoi Kurenai would know

It's probably a matter of who's buying the toys. Boys 3-5 is the main demographic for action figures these days in most first world countries, so I would expect that's the market Bandai designs for when they engineer the main Sentai toy line. Toei clearly knows older fans are tuning in, since the SHF fans are there, but these older fans don't seem to have a huge influence on ratings.

I want to say that Arakawa probably just isn't the best when it comes to characters that are showy, Gai was the most well written character in Gokaiger, and probably one of the better Rangers in years, and he was totally different from the rest of the team.

I really get the feeling with Gokaiger that Gai was probably the only character Arakawa had a significant hand in creating. The others I would imagine were created primarily by Utsunomiya during pre-production. Sometimes writers take what the producers hand them and can run with it, as clearly happened in Shinkenger with Kobayashi. In Gokaiger, I feel like Arakawa was really struggling to write them. I think the issue may be that the Gokaigers are clearly designed along archetypal lines, while Arakawa tends to write in a more quirky, grounded style. I don't think Arakawa not writing episodes was the issue, as he pens 26 of the show's 51 episodes. He had plenty of time to develop the Gokaigers and set examples of how they should be written.
 
Granted, part of my dislike for Blade is it's fairly lackluster opening episode, with absolutely no explaining of why Blade is Blade, what else BOARD was working on, or anything. It was just "And this guy is Blade, Garren's back up/partner".

Blade is Blade because that is who he was hired to be. What more do you need to know? Do we really need a complete backstory to know why someone became a rider?

As for BOARD, you will learn more about them in the 30s.

WHy did Kamen Rider Scissors becomes Scissors? What was Gaia's reasoning for becoming a rider? What about Odin? Hell, we know absolutely nothing about Odin other than he would always be resurrected until there was only one rider left. Why?

How about Agito? We did not know how he became Agito until the end of the series, but we still never learned exactly why. All we know is that he was Agito, and that the Unknowns were killing people that showed abilities, but there was no true motive behind them.

How did Kabuto become Kabuto?
 
I'd stick to no monster in the same 2-part episodes after episodes 1-2 with the same monster.

But I'd go for different monsters in each episode.
 

Latest News & Videos

Latest News

Back
Top