Console Opinions as of Now.

Yeah the Japanese really need to step up to the plate, this years been a bit too lacking in great Japanese games.

I want a JRPG on the Wii dammnit! The kind you found on the PS2 last generation. Why don't they make it so that when your characters attack you could (it would be optionnal) do a certain Wiimote gesture and if you get the timing right you automatically make the hit a critical hit! Or give it an extra effect! However if you do decide to try and miss the timing your character ends up open to a counter attack. AI opponents could also end up missing the timing and you'd only have a few seconds to react with a quick flick of the wrist to perform a damaging counter attack!

That'd be a sweet system. Add a nice story and a nice balance between badass and wacky characters and it could be the begining of a great new franchise!
 
Here are my thoughts on the 3 top dogs:

PS3: This is the one that I chose to buy and I am very happy with my decision. Sure, it doesnt have the intricate online service of Xbox Live, but its free, so Im in love with it. Im sure that Sony will improve it soon as well, especially with HOME coming. There are a lot of games out now that I want to buy: Assassins Creed, Uncharted, Heavenly Sword, Unreal Tournament 3, Call of Duty 4. Those are what I am targeting now. I played the AC on the 360 and loved it, so Im sure it will be awesome on the PS3. My friend brought over Heavenly Sword, UT3, and CoD4 last week, those games kick serious ass and are, IMO, much better than the games I have played on the 360. And with the games that are slated for release in the future, like MGS4, RE5, Tekken 6, Killzone 2, Mercenaries 2, as well as about 150 PS3 exclusives for 2008 (from what I heard from a friend who does a lot of reading on console releases) PS3 will definitely pick back up this year. And Im surprised no on has mentioned the new Playstation Eye and the Eye of Judgement game. Seems like a move towards innovation to me. My friend has it and says that its fun to play with a friend. And since its so interactive, its very refreshing.

360: Ive played this at my campus Rec Room and at some friends house. XBLA is great. Very easy to use and good interface. I just wouldnt pay money for it, honestly. I dont see why I should pay for an internet connection Im already paying for. And of the games that I have played, Gears of War, Dead Rising, and Halo 3 were the ones that caught my eye (I would have picked Halo 2 since there isnt really much difference between this and Halo 3, other than a few weapons, vehicles, and that picture/movie capturing function. But since its for the original Xbox, I chose Halo 3.). Mass Effects looks good, but since it is rumored to be ported to the PS3, ill just wait for that. Not really a RPG gamer so not too interested in it. So, for me, there arent many games that interest me on the 360 that i couldnt get on the PS3 sooner or later. And with the whole "Red Ring o' Death" incident (with a 30% failure rate), Im more confident in the PS3. My friend told me that his roommate is afraid to play his 360 for more than a few hours cuz he is that afraid that it will crash somehow. So, yeh, Ill pass.

Wii: I played this at a friends house also the day that he got it and he got bored of it quick and sold it. I did have fun with Wii sports. I think that the Wii is great for gatherings and such. But for serious gamers, it fall way short. Ive seen games like Super Mario Galaxy, Zelda, and even ports like RE4. The look alright, but not enough for me to even think of getting.
 
No problem boss. I'm all for opinion too. But when you use made up "facts" for your opinion, like the 360s penchant for it's "higher breakdown rate", instead of just saying how you feel personally, then it's not opinion or fact, but false.

I digress, and it's said and done. Now, if the tenth would roll around I'd have my "dream console."

:megarock:

lemme guess. the blackbird?
 
It's just my opinion.
By calling Mass Effect cheesy I was referring to what I've seen/ heard of the voice acting. And like I said the 'tonne' of exclusive 360 games don't bring me any interest, whereas PS3 ones do.

yeah, and Im not trying to belittle your opinion either. Just sayin. I think you would enjoy those 360 games if you had a chance to play them.
 
Microsoft Xbox 360
+Great online service
+Great lineup of games, and I always prefer getting the multi-console games on my 360
+Keeping a profile and friends is easy and fun
+Achievements are a drug
+Looks pretty good, despite not having as much power as the PS3

-Achievements are a drug
-Last week proved that the online service is weak
-Because Microsoft doesn't own any kind of rights to the original Nintendo games (durrrrr, no ****), the Xbox Live Arcade is lined up with "decent enough" games, with only a couple that stand out
-Microsoft Points eat up alot of your cash
-Not enough focus on Japanese games (I'm getting a little tired of shooting things, and I miss cute little chibis, don't you?)
-A $170 HD DVD Player is... well, cheap, but also a bit annoying.

Sony PlayStation 3
+Looks gorgeous
+Although limited, the line up of games is interesting and pretty strong
+Has Metal Gear Solid and Final Fantasy attached to their system (so far...)
+Now priced at about $100 cheaper
+No need for any blu-ray attachment players

-Most games are already on the 360 and Wii
-Six-Axis is a poor excuse for... anything
-Dual Shock wasn't included in the beginning. Is it available yet?
-Lack of exclusives
-Too heavy
-Blu-ray sucks

Nintendo Wii
+Simple, fun, and delightful
+Reminds you that not all games need blood and gore
+Shaking your arms is fun
+No More Heroes

-Shaking your arms isn't fun after 10 hours
-Reminds us that pretty games without blood will make you go crazy
-The media kissed its ass and calls it the greatest thing ever. It's not.
-Nintendo is cashing in on their dead franchises like a fat kid eats cake
-Friend Codes are annoying and unnecessary. Online service is both bad and non-existant
-Nintendo's policy against violent games keeps the Wii from finding a goldmine. Imagine a Gears of War-like game using the Wii controls.

I don't care much for handhelds. Suck it.
 
Now out of the three systems, the Wii is the only one own

Wii: Out of the three systems the wii was one I wanted to get the most. The control was what caught my attention, I'm not one for sports but sports games on it can be fun, surprisingly my arms tend to get tired after like, 40 or so minutes of continuous play.

360: Wow, this system ACTUALLY has games I wanna play on it. Wheres on the X-Box any game I wanted to play would've gotten a PC port anyway I never buy a system unless there's games I want, feels like a waste of money otherwise. Though with all the hardware problems I keep hearing, it makes me a little skeptical on getting one. I'm a solo-gamer, so I doubt I'd be using X-Box Live often anyway And graphics aren't really a big deal to me.(It could be the most graphically beautiful game, yet it could still be a piece of **** title)

PS3: Uh....Metal Gear...Solid 4? Like I said in my comment about the 360, graphics aren't really a huge issue to me. That and...there's just not alot of games I want on it, not ones that probably won't get ported to the 360 anyways I don't really see what the huge deal about blu ray is.
 

Latest News & Videos

Latest News

Back
Top