Cobra Commander (G.I. Joe movie) first look

It was just unimaginative to me. I loved TMNT, MOTU, Thundercats, etc.....but G.I. Joe rubbed me the wrong way. Plus I thought the tiny little toys were a joke. Still do.

At the TIME it came out, what was unimaginative about it? Mind you, the original gi-joe mini series came out in 1983 long before any of the others you listed.
 
At the TIME it came out, what was unimaginative about it? Mind you, the original gi-joe mini series came out in 1983 long before any of the others you listed.
MOTU was september of 83. The main Joe cartoon wasn't till 85.

edit - looks like the mini actually aired the same month as MOTU premiered. How ironic that two of the biggest 80s properties began the same year and month? Ya learn something new everyday.
 
Last edited:
MOTU was september of 83. The main Joe cartoon wasn't till 85.

edit - looks like the mini actually aired the same month as MOTU premiered. How ironic that two of the biggest 80s properties began the same year and month? Ya learn something new everyday.

The toy line for Gi-Joe started in 1982
 
This. Looks. Retarded.

I'm a Huuuuge Joe fan (as you can probably tell from my name) and I've already realized that this movie is going to be bad, unfortunately. If you've read any of the newer comics, specifically the Devils Due run, you would know just how awesome a more real to life Joe movie/series could be. But no, we are going with mad scientist stupid mask faced Cobra Commander instead.
 

Latest News & Videos

Latest News

Back
Top